Senior Unix Engineer (Remote)
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable
marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon
PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer
journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers
anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity
management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s
award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design
and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of
experience in personalization and performance working with the
world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted
partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global
company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the
world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on
Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
This role is responsible for maintaining Red Hat and CentOS
Linux systems and related components, across our organization, to
ensure high levels of availability and the security of the
This person will drive adherence to the planning and
implementation of policies and procedures to ensure Linux system
maintenance is consistent with organization goals industry best
practices and established security requirements.
Additionally, you will be part of a team leverages multiple
cloud technologies to evolve our digital platforms. Experience with
Cloud technologies infrastructure transformation and automation is
The right candidate will need to possess the skills to work in a
very fast-paced environment, with multiple, and ever-changing,
- The senior-level UNIX administrator is responsible for all
levels of administration across a large-scale complex of Linux
- Candidate must be accomplished in all areas of analysis,
design, installation, implementation, configuration, tuning,
operation, and security of mid-to-large-tier Red Hat systems.
- Performs high-level analysis of RHEL systems, processes, and
characteristics for the purpose of assuring efficient and effective
support for clients.
- Evaluates new system and application requirements regarding
impact to the RHEL operating system environment.
- Performs problem determination, on Red Hat/Solaris-based
systems and coordinates/performs resolution.
- Maintains patches, intrusion detection, and hardening processes
in conjunction with policies and guidelines.
- Work with the Security team on vulnerability detection,
protection, and remediation
- Work with the monitoring team to improve the integrity and
health of the operating system structure.
- Maintains disaster recovery documentation/configurations for
Linux systems and performs annual disaster recovery tests for these
- Performs performance data collection, analysis, and tuning of
the operating system.
- Ensure operating environments are properly configured and
functioning as per requirements/engineering specifications as
related to specified network and storage components and applicable
tool suites, performing functional validation subsequent to system
or component modification.
- Configure, maintain manage, and troubleshoot Unix based OS and
associated components such as file systems, NTP and DNS.
- Manage clustering at the OS level and network layer, leveraging
clustering software and tools.
- Utilize Unix scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, Python,
Ansible or other standard tools) to optimize and automate system
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service
requests, etc.) in ServiceNow while adhering to Epsilon policies
- Attend meetings, participate in conference calls, and respond
to email/ticket requests to ensure customer support.
- Provide business work day and on call support to resolve OE
and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide
after-hours/weekend support for patching requirements as
- Support audits, PCI and SOX, through all phases to include
automation, participation and remediation efforts.
- 8 or more years Unix system experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Shell scripting
- Current working knowledge of Red Hat Satellite
- Current working knowledge of VMware for Red Hat VM guest build,
clone, snapshot, and general maintenance.
- Current working knowledge of KVM and Red Hat virtualization
build and configuration.
- A working knowledge of the Oracle Solaris operating system,
LDOMs, ZFS file systems, and Zones desirable.
- Working knowledge of Unix scripting languages such as Perl,
BASH, Python, Ansible
- AWS, Google Cloud and Azure experience is required
- Proven experience with complex multi-site and global
- Familiar with the fundamentals of web application and
relational database architectures
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and documentation skills both in
technical and non-technical arenas
- Ability and willingness for on-call and after-hours work
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented
associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them
accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay,
comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy
is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy),
marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender
status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing
accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
Keywords: Epsilon, Irving , Senior Unix Engineer (Remote), Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!