Manager of Finance
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 9, 2021
The Manager of Financial Reporting reports to the Director of
Financial Reporting. This individual will be the main point of
contact for financial analysis every month, quarter & year. They
will ensure accuracy in financial statements and processes that
influence the numbers recorded, related to both financial activity
as well as volume. The generation of month-end reports, including
board reports and various presentations, with analysis on the
various statements and figures included. They will also be expected
to occasionally work with various departments to understand their
impact to the financial statements which may require research and
corrections to their process. This position requires an
understanding and comprehension of accounting theories and
principles, including eliminations and the framework of financials
statements and how they impact one another. This individual will
also be responsible for compiling presentations with financial
information and notes on high level variances happening at a
consolidated level driven by regional activity. This position shall
support the Director of Financial Reporting, Vice President of
Operational Analytics, and Ministry leadership in analyzing
ministry operations including but not limited to comparing
operations to industry trends, and analyzing cost drivers and
- Spearhead completion of reporting requirements and
presentations for the CHRISTUS Health Board of Directors and the
CHRISTUS Health Finance & Strategy Committee.
- Analyze performance of various ministries on a monthly,
quarterly and yearly basis.
- Streamline processes that impact the financial statements and
ensure strict consistency between ministries for methodologies
- Assist with management and maintenance of various
tables/hierarchies within the system.
- Perform as needed maintenance functions for systems such as
HFM, INFOR CloudSuite Financials, BI FSM & Application Studio.
- Assist in designing and building reports that will send a clear
message related to performance while maintaining a line of sight to
consolidated financials. The parameters of reporting may come from
within the team or from other departments.
- Be the liaison between accounting and Financial Reporting
- Coordinating consolidation and validating financials.
- Serve as a resource person to end users for tools developed by
our team. This includes validation, maintenance and education.
- Support Ministry management and System associates with data
requests and analyses.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting on special
- Provide leadership for the selection, training, development,
and performance outcomes of the Associates in the areas of
responsibility to include any of the following: Lead Financial
Analysts, Senior Financial Analysts and or Financial Analysts.
- Regular interaction and communication with members of Ministry
Management and many other associates (both financial and
non-financial) requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
- Place high focus on process improvement and on the development
of the skills and knowledge of Associates in the financial
reporting area to include healthcare accounting, financial
reporting and analysis, and maintenance of system-wide information
management system infrastructures.
- Enhance the work environment to ensure Associate satisfaction
- As needed, responsible for educational conferences and seminars
for associates relative to financial reporting issues and/or
accounting issues, new pronouncements or standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Ministry finance
associates in the analysis, interpretation and generation of
- Resolve or facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns
that create barriers to a high performing team and work
- Provide effective oral and written communications to customers
to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of
project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal
skills, possess good negotiating skills and work well with teams of
a different functional background.
- Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects
through actions and job performance.
- Serve as a project team lead or member for building,
implementing and deploying new reports or dashboards. Co-ordinates
special projects as requested by leadership.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
or Health Care Administration preferred; however equivalent
experience will be considered.
- (5) Five or more years of advanced experience in financial
reporting and analysis.
- Strong knowledge base, including familiarity with a variety of
the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and
- Demonstrated ability and experience in interacting with all
levels of management and other associates.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly
- Ability to execute and integrate complex financial
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to
communicate with all levels of personnel in a large
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral or schedule form.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work with large datasets efficiently.
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Manager of Finance, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!