Medical Assistant - Irving, TX
Company: Texas Oncology
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Texas Colon and Rectal Specialists is looking for
a Medical Assistant to join the team! This
position is eligible for a sign-on bonus and will
work and support our Irving, TX.
location;2001 N MacArthur Blvd MOB 1, Suite 750,
Irving, Texas 75061.
Texas Colon & Rectal Specialists is a specialty
surgical division within Texas Oncology that is
committed to providing leading-edge treatments for colon and rectal
diseases and disorders. We are one of the largest colorectal care
specialist groups in the United States. We are committed to growing
our mission to provide you with the most advanced, compassionate
colorectal healthcare. Being a large group simply means we can
offer more convenience to our patients. Texas Colon & Rectal
Specialist (TCRS) is here to provide our patients with leading-edge
treatment for anal abscesses, fistulas, fissures, colon cancer,
hemorrhoids, and ostomy care. Whether it is in-office visit or
telemedicine, we are here for you.
What does a Certified Medical Assistant do?
Responsible for assisting physician with patient flow and nursing
care for clinic patients following established standards and
practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient
care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network
and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of clinic practices to efficiently and effectively
assist physician in the provision of care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to
establish/maintain a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying the principles, methods, and techniques to
assist physicians in provision of patient care.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in utilizing technology, preparing/maintaining records,
writing, and responding to correspondence.
- Ability to maintain OSHA compliant office practices.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to adapt to change with industry standards
The ideal candidate for the Medical Assistant will have the
following minimum qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Accredited Certified Medical Assistant Program
- Minimum of one year of medical office experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, computer skills, general
knowledge of medical terminology and CPT-4, ICD-10 coding
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred
Keywords: Texas Oncology, Irving , Medical Assistant - Irving, TX, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!