Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Coordinates infection control, performance improvement and some
staff education. Ability to plan, organize and implement patient
care programs. Prior experience in related fields is preferred and
knowledge of computers / statistics. Direct patient care is
required. Ability to be objective in stressful situations, advanced
communication and interpersonal skills required. Current RN
licensure required. 3-5 years clinical experience with least 3
years in an acute care hospital setting.
- Organizes and coordinates some or all of the following
- Infection Control
- Performance Improvement
- Employee Health and Workmen’s Compensation
- Joint Commission Point Person
- Plans and organizes program(s) work assignments based on
- Executes program(s) by developing curriculums/ data collection
methods/ data collection reports
- Educates appropriate customers on processes and outcomes
- Collects, sorts, and reports program(s) outcomes to appropriate
- Conducts annual evaluation(s) of program(s) and provides
suggestions for plan revisions
- Nursing Personnel Functions
- Ensures nursing staffing schedules are accurate and
- Supplements schedule with agency or relief nursing staff
- Assists in ensuring the accuracy of associate time and
attendance reports and prepares reports for payroll
- Assists DON or Nurse Manager in completion of associate
- High Quality Patient Care
- Provides direct patient care when necessary for demonstration
of technique or procedure, or when required by unusual
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned group of patients as
- Ensures adequacy of supplies, materials, and equipment
necessary for patient care.
- Monitors quality of nursing care and documentation on an
- Reviews nursing assessments and nursing care plans.
- Serves as a resource to nursing staff for patient assessment
and care planning.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary care team
- Assists DON/Nurse Manager in investigating patient and family
- Safely performs and accurately documents the following specific
procedures, consistent with established nursing policy and
- Admission and Discharge Process
- Complete pre-admission screening of referred patients
accurately and in a timely manner, as assigned.
- Confers with DON and/or Nurse manager as indicated, regarding
- Implements and assures ongoing compliance with established
- Participates in discharge planning and discharge process per
established policy and procedure.
- Reports and documents accurately and concisely to appropriate
persons the patient's condition.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Applies basic verbal and nonverbal skills to maintain open,
effective communication among care team members, patients, and
- Encourages direct discussion between staff members when
differences occur and seeks assistance to arbitrate differences as
- Gives and accepts constructive feedback appropriately.
- Identifies actual and potentially unsafe patient care
practices, reports them in the designated manner, and suggests
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Care Coordinator, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!