Pro Golf Assistant
Company: Hackberry Creek Country Club
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Assistant Golf Professional This position is responsible for
promoting the game of golf and the club while providing the Three
Steps of Service to the Members and guests of the club.
Responsibilities include providing quality service, overseeing and
assisting with the golf shop operations and participating in
driving revenue and programming efforts. This position reports
directly to the Director of Golf or Head Golf Pro and indirectly to
the General Manager of the club. The Golf Pro directly supervises
outside service personnel, Starters, and Marshalls as directed. Day
- Responsible for efficient and friendly customer service
throughout the pro shop, checking in golfers, accurately ringing up
charges at the register and properly checking in all golfers prior
to play. This also includes proper cash handling procedures as well
as making sure that all standards of operations are being met.
- Maintain control of the tee sheet, including walkups and
pairings. Collect all guest, cart and other fees.
- Respond to inquiries and make tee-times for Members and guests
both in person and over the phone. Converse with Members and guests
in a friendly manner. Focus your attention on Members and guests
needs and remain calm, professional and courteous at all times,
even when under pressure.
- Organize and promote all Club Tournaments and other special
events/functions at the Club.
- Provide professional instruction for Member/Guests as requested
according to ClubCorp and PGA Standards.
- Oversee all aspects of outside golf operations and staff to
include Marshalls/Starters/Course and Golf Shop attendants to
ensure proper performance while following all daily procedures and
policies. This includes staging area, range, golf cart storage,
- Promote the game of golf and promote the Club while maintaining
a high level of professionalism and service.
- Develop relationships with Members and guests by participating
in events and one on one, including playing golf, as approved by
- Responsible for inventory controls, checking-in merchandise in
accordance with procedures, organization of storage and display
areas. Keep up inventory levels of constantly stocked items (i.e.
shirts, socks, gloves, hats, balls, etc.). Follow up on all special
orders making sure customers are aware of the receipt of their
orders in accordance with established procedures.
- Take care of all return merchandise and issue proper credits to
- Perform close of business functions following guidelines and
procedures established by the Club.
- Ensure daily assignments are completed in their respective
areas to meet Club standards (i.e. orderly/organized work areas,
straighten/arrange entry area, straightening/stocking of golf shop,
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery
of the 3 steps of service without being directed. Be aware of team
members and the environment and participate as a member of the
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they
occur. Resolve customer complaints as soon as possible.
- Assist the Director of Golf or Head Golf Pro with financial
responsibilities, games plans, and ensuring timecards are complete
and accurate at the end of each pay period. All the other stuff we
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Clubs operation, it
may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of
different functions therefore, as an essential part of your job,
you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just
as other Employees are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may
be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department
written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Communicate effectively with proper grammar.
- Work well under pressure, coordinating multiple tasks at any
- Maintain focus and attention on detail.
- Maintain good conduct and safe working habits in all areas
while ensuring that others are acting safely.
- Attend daily line-up and participate as requested.
- Wear a clean and neat uniform that follows your Club and
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent, is required.
- You have solid customer service experience and basic knowledge
of the game of golf.
- You are active and participating in the PGA Apprentice Program.
A PGA Professional Certification is preferred.
- You can be trusted to maintain confidentiality of all
proprietary Company information and sensitive employee matters,
except as expressly authorized by the Company.
- You always perform at the highest level of ethical work
- You are comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor
environments with frequent exposure to extreme hot or cold
temperatures and humidity.
Keywords: Hackberry Creek Country Club, Irving , Pro Golf Assistant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!