Accounts Payable Specialist Senior
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSummary:This position processes and maintains all
aspects of the accounts payable cycle. Individual will cross-train
with AP Manager and AP Leads on various manager job functions.
Character traits desired include self-starter, problem solver, and
ability to work both independently and in teams, and good
communication and organization skills. This position is an advance
role in the Accounts Payable department and may assign duties and
provide work direction for Accounts Payable Specialist. Will be
required to compile and prepare reports required by management
including statistical metrics and productivity measures for AP
department and staff. May also perform activities related to
account follow-up, resolution and other vendor maintenance.
- Process payments for all invoices for various CHRISTUS Health
organizations that include Christus Health Corporate Office,
Christus Health Support Centers in Houston and San Antonio, TLRA,
USFHP, Christus Health Employee Benefits Fund and Christus Health
- Ensure all invoices are paid by the required due dates.
- Ensure appropriate authorization is present.
- Ensure matching to PO when applicable. Validate mathematical
accuracy of the document and review coding.
- Responsible for processing American Express travel account
invoices and AT&T bills to include obtaining appropriate
approvals for payment.
- Responsible for establishment and maintenance of up-to-date
authorization card files to ensure all invoices have proper
approvals before processing for payment.
- Responsible for copying and distributing all intercompany
information to appropriate field locations by assigned due
- Respond to customer and vendor questions, and requests in a
timely manner. Calls should be returned within a 24-hour period.
All issues should be resolved as soon as possible.
- Prepare manual checks as requested
- Prepare stop payments as required and forward to Treasury.
Ensure process for voiding and reissuing checks is followed.
- Ensure that W-9s are obtained for all vendors during the
- General back-up for AP Lead
- Assist AP Manager and Lead with various special projects
- Complete special projects as needed. Ensure all projects are
completed by specified deadlines.
- Cross-train with other Accounts Payable Specialists. Ensure
ability to fill in as needed or requiredRequirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in accounts payable
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of full cycle accounts payable required
- EDI Processing (a plus)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable practices preferred
- Understanding of debits, credits, accrual methodology & general
- Experience in review and processing of business expense reports
for associates reimbursement
- Excellent organizational skills for file maintenance both paper
and electronicWork Type:Full Time
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Accounts Payable Specialist Senior, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!