Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSummary:Responsible for maintaining current and high
quality ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for all Outpatient diagnoses and
procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical
documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding
accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coder will accurately abstract data
into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical
record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and
physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for
Coding and Reporting and CPT Guidelines. Outpatient coding is
applicable towards clinical, provider office visist, therapeutic,
laboratory, recurring, emergency department, outpatient observation
and ambulatory surgery patient encounters.Coder will work
collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments
(Admitting, Charging, Patient Financial Services, HIM, etc.) to
resolve charging issues, denials, physician documentation
clarifications, to ensure accurate billing and reduce denials.
Coder will also assist in other areas of the department as
requested by leadership.Coder will report directly their Regional
Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of
Coding Operations and System HIM/Coding Director.
- Assign codes for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according
to the ICD-10-CM and CPT Official Guidelines for Coding and
Reporting through review of coding critical documentation.
- Extracts and abstracts required information from source
documentation, to be entered into appropriate CHRISTUS Health
electronic medical record system.
- Works from assigned coding queue, completing and re-assigning
- Manages accounts on ABS Hold, finalizing accounts when
corrections have been made, in a timely manner.
- Meets or exceeds an accuracy rate of 95%.
- Meets or exceeds the designated CHRISTUS Health Productivity
standard per chart type.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Assists in implementing solutions to reduce
- Expertly queries providers for missing or unclear
documentation, by working with the HIM department and Clinical
Documentation Improvement Specialists.
- Participates in both internal and external audit
- All other work duties as assigned by Manager.Requirements:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or
Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding
Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work
independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Two(2) years of Outpatient coding in an acute care
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Professional (CPC) (AAPC) Certified Outpatient
Coder (COC) (AAPC)Work Type:Full Time
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Outpatient Coder, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!