Per Diem Professional Development Specialist (Dallas)
Company: Catapult Learning
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for qualified and experienced
Professional Development (PD) Specialists in Dallas! Catapult
Learning is a provider of K12 contracted instructional services to
public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in
at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company
with over 40 years of excellence in education.There are two primary
functions in this role: presenting and coaching. The ideal
candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of research-based best
practice, take a hands-on approach to support educators across the
content areas, and deliver engaging and exceptional professional
learning experiences and job-embedded coaching support to improve
teaching, learning, and organizational performance.
This is per-diem position. You will be assigned PD and/or coaching
assignments based on requests from the schools we serve. These
requests are typically in-person DURING REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS, with
occasional requests made for after-school, evenings, or weekends.
We are unable to guarantee a certain number of work days per month,
as the number of requests vary from month-to-month. You will be
compensated based on the work done: PD training by each event
presented; Coaching based on an 8 hour day (6 hours coaching, 2
hours of documentation). Local candidates preferred.Enjoy the
- Competitive per diem pay
- Workshop content and coaching framework provided
- Paid training
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of educators
and studentsJob Duties:
Engages in the coaching cycle, including modeling lessons and
co-teaching, to improve the teaching quality for students in grades
K-12. Delivers job-embedded application coaching.
- Builds strength-based coaching relationships that are
- Follows Catapult Learning coaching framework design as
instructed by supervisor.
- Coaches leaders and teachers in research-based practices,
leveraging curriculum resources to meet the needs of all
- Supports instructional delivery across content areas by
assisting teachers to make data-informed decisions about planning,
instruction, and assessment.
- Models effective instruction for staff in various settings,
- Utilizes various digital tools in the execution of site-based
and blended coaching implementations.
- Facilitates PD presentations, and delivers engaging and
exceptional professional learning workshop events.
- Delivers effective professional learning opportunities
leveraging Catapult Learning's catalog of PD module content.
- Encourages participation and open dialogue as part of an
effective coaching relationship during presentations.
- Contributes to development and revision of PD modules,
products, and service delivery protocols in preparation for
- Establishes and maintains forms and files as required by
company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Reviews PD participant evaluations to drive continuous
- Analyzes data to facilitate the development of best practices
and determine instructional needs.
- Becomes familiar with regional standards and the materials that
are core to instruction in partnership schools.
- Supports organizational change, professional growth, and
student achievement while working with leaders and teachers on
assigned PD projects, and under the direction of the Center for PD
Excellence and regional Operations teams.Requirements:
Master's Degree or higher in related education field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with K-12 students in a
school setting and a strong record of helping students achieve
- Minimum of 2 years' experience facilitating PD and engaging in
the coaching cycle within a school setting or supporting schools to
improve student achievement (experience in strengths-based
coaching, leading and supporting teachers)
- Understanding of achievement data in order to understand,
interpret and improve school performance
- Evidence of successful team-building skills and positive and
healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized,
consistent, reliable and understanding
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational
- Willingness to travel to various schools
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power
Point) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.)
- A positive and growth-oriented attitude towards students,
administration, parents, and other internal and external
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!
Keywords: Catapult Learning, Irving , Per Diem Professional Development Specialist (Dallas), Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!