Hyperbaric Tech 1- Irving-Sign On Bonus- $5,000.00
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Sign on Bonus- 5,000.00
The Hyperbaric Tech 1, under the supervision of a certified
hyperbaric technician (CHT), assumes responsibility for the safe
and effective operation, control, and maintenance of the
compression chamber system and supporting components. Helps prepare
the patient for treatment, operates the chamber during treatment,
monitors the patients during treatment and delivers care
appropriate to the Tech?s level of training in accordance with
standard policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares the hyperbaric chamber, equipment and materials needed
for patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) treatments.
Processes (cleans and properly stores) equipment/supplies used in
the hyperbaric environment and/or department.
- Operates the compression chamber and supporting components and
maintains operating, maintenance, safety logs and other required
documentation, as specified in department policy.
- Carries out hyperbaric oxygen treatment protocols, as
prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
- Monitors patients and hyperbaric systems during the course of
hyperbaric oxygen treatments, reports unusual occurrences, and
records appropriate entries in the medical record, as
- Communicates appropriately to other employees and customers
based on the situation and the age level of the person.
- Performs required preventative and other maintenance under the
supervision of a Tech 2 or the Safety Director. Assists in
maintaining appropriate inventory levels of equipment and supplies
used in the department.
- Works with the Safety Director to evaluate equipment and
supplies used in the chamber to ensure that they meet department
requirements, including all safety requirements.
- Helps maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
members, checking with supervisors if there is a question about how
to safely perform procedures to be used for any job
- Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden
adverse responses in patients within the department and/or
- Assists the Tech 2(s) or Safety Director in providing staff
training on emergency procedures, hyperbaric physiology,
decompression tables, equipment operations and safety, and
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- General understanding of Hyperbaric Care modalities, therapies,
equipment and medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow flow chart protocols as
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control, and
isolation procedures at all times.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.
- Additional medical clearance is required before working inside
a hyperbaric chamber.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EDUCATION: -H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years of Experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS is required.
- Cert Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Diver Medical Technician
(DMT), Cert Emergency Medical Tech (EMT), Emerg Med Tech - Basic
(EMT-B): Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) or Certified
Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist
(RRT) or Diver Medical Technician (DMT) is required. Emergency
Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) or Certified Respiratory
Therapist (CRT) or Diver Medical Technician (DMT) is required.
FT Day- M-Fri- 7:00am to 4:00pm
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Irving , Hyperbaric Tech 1- Irving-Sign On Bonus- $5,000.00, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!