UX Researcher, Automotive
Company: Sirius XM
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Who We Are:
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz,
Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a
new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most
compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment
experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on
the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of
audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices,
stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and
legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs,
stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming
and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed,
industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports,
comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their
individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in
bringing SiriusXM's vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North
America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription
and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM's
platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners,
the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in
North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy,
entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is
the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in
the U.S. SiriusXM's subsidiaries Stitcher, Simplecast and AdsWizz
make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution,
analytics and monetization. The Company's advertising sales
organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale,
cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to
deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM,
through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite
radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio
entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle
services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
The Researcher of Automotive User Experience, will report to the
Director of Automotive User Experience Research and will
collaborate closely with Automotive Products & Experience Design
teams to research new and innovative in-vehicle digital, voice, and
multimodal interfaces, experiences, and features. This role will
require the ability to contribute to research on both the strategic
and tactical levels by drafting research documentation, overseeing
study fielding/moderation, cleaning/analyzing of data, and
disseminating results to stakeholders throughout all levels of
company leadership. The role will also require extensive knowledge
in generative and evaluative research methodologies as well as
expertise with quantitative, qualitative, and mixed method data
What you'll do:
* Owns usability findings and UX insights for full set of features
in a 2-3 product areas or potentially smaller features across
multiple product areas and functions with some oversight.
* Delivers findings to support insights driven development cycle
with minimal guidance. (Ex. Topline summary reports, full
presentation decks, insights visualizations, etc.)
* Can adapt research and testing approaches to match shifting
demand and situations.
* Identifies solutions to complex problems.
* Provides innovative and simple ideas to improve research
workflow, cross-functional collaboration, or the product.
* Works closely with program & product managers, UX team members,
and product stakeholders to efficiently develop end-to-end test
plans that are consistent with business goals and objectives.
* Plans, moderates, and architects requirements gathering sessions,
focus groups, remote and one-on-one usability sessions to refine
product requirements based on user preferences and feedback.
* Documents results in a clear and detailed manner, for both UX and
product teams, as well as executive-level summaries.
* Proactively identifies new business opportunities uncovered
during testing and research that should be investigated.
* Maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of different
research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
* Consistently advocates for consumer needs and solutions based on
data-driven recommendations using empirical data and research;
anticipates and addresses the tough questions.
* Demonstrates ability to make timely, data driven decisions that
impact areas of product ownership.
What you'll need:
* BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related
discipline, including but not limited to: Human-Computer
Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental),
or relevant work experience.
* 5+ years of UX-related research work.
* Experience with an extensive variety of usability research tools
and methods and involvement in running a variety of tests, covering
both graphic and voice-based user interfaces.
* Proven track record of consistently producing analysis and
research reports that are well-written and contain helpful
information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
* Must have previous experience in the Digital or Automotive
industries, working directly with Product and Design teams to help
inform Product Development direction.
* Excellent data visualization, story-telling, public speaking and
presentation skills with the ability to provide strategic
recommendations based on insights
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work
with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service
* Desire/ability to quickly learn new tools and new testing
* Experience with simulation-based and/or dual-task attentional
research would be a bonus.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment
that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital
status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM, Irving , UX Researcher, Automotive, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!