Company: Michaels Stores
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Support Center - Irving
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where
innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting
missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT, Ithaca and
The Benefits Specialist will report to the Manager - Health &
Welfare Benefits. The Benefits Specialist is responsible for
supporting all Health & Welfare benefits administration functions.
Assists in developing and executing large scale rollouts of
benefits and wellness programs affecting all Team Members. Assists
in compliance with all federal and state law. Provides benefits
consultation and guidance to HR business partners, management, and
Health & Welfare Plan Administration
* The Benefits Specialist responds to intermediate to complex
inquiries about our benefits and absence programs including but not
limited to health, life, disability, flexible spending accounts
(FSA), health savings accounts, accident, and critical illness.
Provides benefits consultation and guidance to HR business
partners, management and Team Members and is the liaison with our
Team Member Services and offshore team.
* Responds to and resolves escalated/complex (level 2) issues and
inquiries regarding Michaels time off and health and welfare
programs, benefit premiums, payroll deductions and balance
* Assist with ensuring data integrity related to the health and
welfare and absence programs including accuracy of vendor files and
payroll deductions, collection of premiums and integration between
systems both internal and external through establishing,
coordinating, and conducting ongoing audits.
* Provide support for benefits projects such as open enrollment and
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
* 10+ years Human Resources experience
* Experience managing and prioritizing workload, and competing
* Considerable knowledge in benefits administration and related
laws and regulations
* Interpersonal skills, oral and written communication
* Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving
at conclusions; ability to make decisions
* Results, solution-oriented individual
* Demonstrated follow-through
* Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
* Able to handle high volume of work & adapt to change
* Workday knowledge
* MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels Stores, Irving , Benefits Specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!