Principle Data Architect
Company: Vistra Corporate Services Company
Posted on: November 22, 2022
If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family
and would like to start a promising career with a global leader,
take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are
currently available and apply online.Job SummaryThe Principal Data
Architect is responsible for developing, communicating, and
delivering the Data Strategy and complete Data Management lifecycle
solutions that enable business teams, IT teams, and external
partners. Enables operational excellence by establishing and
executing Data Management and Data Governance principles. Lead
continuous improvement in solution performance, reliability,
compliance, and efficiency. Strategically develops and executes
roadmaps that align with business strategy and measurably drive
business growth through business KPIs. Consistently develops and
grows expertise in Data Management, Data Quality, and enabling
technologies.Job DescriptionKey Accountabilities
- Manage the design and evolution of the enterprise Data
Strategy,DataManagement, and Governance.
- Manage the delivery of the Data Strategy and Data Architecture
solutions across theVistraecosystem, incorporating multiple
business units and locations, third-party contractors, and Managed
- Communicate the Data Strategy across IT, the business, and
- Provide technical expertise in the architecture, design,
implementation, and maintenance of data assets that support
business operations and analytics.
- Data risk management to avoid data loss, responsibly manage
access to data, and ensure that data quality is trustworthy and fit
for purpose, i.e., accountable for data integrity, data designs,
data security architecture, and associatedcontrols.Education,
Experience & Skill Requirements
- 12+ years minimum of progressive experience designing and
creating complex Data Architecture solutions for diverse
- Experience gained through college degree programs and/or
certifications in InformationSystems, ComputerScience, Data
Architecture, Data Engineering, Modeling, etc.
- Expertise in designing solutions for structured and
- Expertise in designing scalable data architecture to support
batch and real-time data products and platforms using best-in-class
data technologies such as relational databases, data integration,
and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, cloud data warehouse, etc.) for
a continuously changing digitallandscape.
- Expertise in designing and implementing securityand access
controls, including maskingandencryptions,object tagging, and
role-based access with row and column-level security.
- Expertise in developing and managing metadata.
- Expertise in creating Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data
Models that integrate withexisting or proposed database
- Expertise with Data Quality approaches and tools, including
- Expertise with Master Data Management (MDM) concepts, tools,
- Strong Leadership, communication, and executive presentation
skills; ability tocommunicate wellto technical and business
audiences.Key Metrics*Operational Excellence: Streamline and
Simplification of solution portfolio.*Continuous Improvement:
Increased cost efficiency in solution delivery.
- Responsible for designing solutions and working with
conventional data warehouse technologies to develop models that
best support a business or organization.
- Have hands-on experience planning, developing, and performing
data extraction from various source systems and building data
warehouses and data marts in relational databases while ensuring
- Participate in Data Services agile team; recommend and
implement changes to mitigate risks and optimize performance.
- Apply subject matter expertise to acquire and understand data
integration requirements and deliver enterprise services to support
- Partner closely with business stakeholders, vendors, service
providers, and internal teams to define and understand data
integration needs to achieve key performance indicators and Service
Level Agreements for the benefit of Vistra Translate Data Services
business requirements into technical/functional documentation
(Business Process Designs, Functional Designs, Solution
- 2 + years of experience with cloud-native data stores (e.g.,
S3, Redshift, Snowflake), automation, and orchestration tools.
- Must have hands-on experience in warehouse tools like SAP BW on
HANA, Enterprise HANA, Snowflake, Oracle DB, SQL Server, IBM DB2,
Amazon redshift, MS Azure, etc.
- Must have hands-on experience in enterprise or cloud-based ETL
tools like Informatica, SAP data Service, Talend, Azure Data
Factory, Data Stage, SAS, etc.
- Good to have experience in modeling tools like Erwin, ER
studio, Lucid chart, etc.
Good to have AWS or Azure cloud certification.Job FamilyInformation
TechnologyCompanyVistra Corporate Services CompanyLocationsIrving,
TexasTexasWe are a company of people committed to: Exceeding
Customer Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit
and Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply
today!If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please
apply via the internal career site.
Keywords: Vistra Corporate Services Company, Irving , Principle Data Architect, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!