Outpatient Coder - Remote
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Responsible for maintaining current and high quality ICD-10-CM and
CPT coding for all Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences,
through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic
results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better.
Coder will accurately abstract data into any and all appropriate
CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying
accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the
Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and CPT
Guidelines. Outpatient coding is applicable towards clinical,
provider office visits, therapeutic, laboratory, recurring,
emergency department, outpatient observation and ambulatory surgery
Coder will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health
departments (Admitting, Charging, Patient Financial Services, HIM,
etc.) to resolve charging issues, denials, physician documentation
clarifications, to ensure accurate billing and reduce denials.
Coder will also assist in other areas of the department as
requested by leadership.
Coder will report directly their Regional Coding Manager, with
additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and
System HIM/Coding Director.
* Assign codes for diagnoses, treatments and procedures according
to the ICD-10-CM and CPT Official Guidelines for Coding and
Reporting through review of coding critical documentation.
* Extracts and abstracts required information from source
documentation, to be entered into appropriate CHRISTUS Health
electronic medical record system.
* Works from assigned coding queue, completing and re-assigning
* Manages accounts on ABS Hold, finalizing accounts when
corrections have been made, in a timely manner.
* Meets or exceeds an accuracy rate of 95%.
* Meets or exceeds the designated CHRISTUS Health Productivity
standard per chart type.
* Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
* Assists in implementing solutions to reduce backend-errors.
* Expertly queries providers for missing or unclear documentation,
by working with the HIM department and Clinical Documentation
* Participates in both internal and external audit discussions. All
other work duties as assigned by Manager.
* High school Diploma or GED
* Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or
Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding
Certificate Program, preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work
independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
* Two(2) years of Outpatient coding in an acute care setting.
* Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
* Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
* Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
* Certified Coding Associate (CCA) (AHIMA) Certified Coding
Professional (CPC) (AAPC) Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
Current Associate? Click here to apply
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Pool
Outpatient Coder - Remote
Chat with Eve
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Outpatient Coder - Remote, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!