Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The position is intended for individuals with prior experience
working as a histotechnician to perform technical functions within
the histopathology laboratory. The individual will work under the
general supervision of experienced histotechnologists.
- Under general supervision and according to policies and
procedures, performs routine and non-routine activities involved in
the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain
- Perform special stain procedures.
- Perform limited QA/QC functions and identify issues requiring
- Train and perform limited immunohistochemistry staining under
the general supervision of a qualified histotechnologist, technical
supervisor or other qualified pathologist.
- Prepare immunohistochemistry solutions and reagents for IHC
procedures under the direct supervision of a qualified
histotechnologist, technical supervisor or other qualified
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens,
including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after
completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This
includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA)
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and
troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions
such as repairs and repeated tests.
- Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and document
all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality
assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS
Required Work Experience:
- A.S. degree and one year of experience within the last 10
years, OR H.S. education or
- equivalent and 5 year's full-time acceptable experience as a
Histotechnician within the last 10 years.
- ASCP eligible OR five years of full-time experience in the last
- Current state licensure, if applicable
- Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Policy for
Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician and Histology
- If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all
requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for
Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP. Preferred
- HT (ASCP)
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
- 2 years of histopathology experience Physical and Mental
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual tools and
laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which demand
significant manual dexterity Knowledge: N/A Skills: N/A EDUCATION
Associates DegreeBachelor's DegreeHigh School Diploma or
Equivalent(Required) LICENSECERTIFICATIONS ASCP
CertificationCurrent state licensure, if applicable(Required)NAACLS
accredited Histotechnology program
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Irving , Histotechnician II, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!