Corporate Sustainability Sr Specialist
Company: Vistra Corp.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra family
and would like to start a promising career with a global leader,
take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are
currently available and apply online.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability, the Corporate
Sustainability Sr Specialist supports the development and
implementation of Vistra's company-wide sustainability strategy and
program by collaborating cross-functionally to i.) elevate Vistra's
ESG message to our external stakeholders through transparent and
accurate reporting and ii.) develop strategies to enhance the
company's sustainability-related practices and projects. The
position is expected to demonstrate a broad-based and effective
knowledge of corporate sustainability including familiarity with
common sustainability frameworks (SASB,TCFD,GRI) and carbon
accounting. The position will also provide regular data submissions
to ESG rating agencies and other stakeholders while also engaging
regularly with working groups across the business to define,
measure, and track key sustainability metrics.
- Prepare sustainability reporting and public disclosures
including Vistra's annual Sustainability Report, various ESG
reports, corporate website, questionnaires, and industry surveys,
and engage with key ESG ratings and rankings organizations.
- Draft and submit regular submissions to sustainability ratings
agencies, such as MSCI, ISS, CDP, Sustainalytics, etc.
- Partner with functional leads of various business units to i.)
collect data and metrics for reporting, ii.) ensure consistent and
accurate internal and external sustainability messaging, and iii.)
promote broad awareness of ESG initiatives.
- Support the calculation and reporting of emissions data and
monitor the progress towards public targets.
- Ensure sustainability benchmarks and reporting metrics are
established, measured, and maintained.
- Serve as an internal leader and subject matter expert on the
company's sustainability program and ESG metrics, educating
co-workers on relevant topics.
- Research and remain current on ESG trends, best practices, and
policies while also benchmarking Vistra against peer companies to
identify and recommend opportunities to advance the company's
- Bring creative thinking to the team with a focus on identifying
new ways to tell Vistra's sustainability story, streamline data
collection, and strengthen our ESG efforts.
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements:
- 5-7 years experience in corporate sustainability, strategy,
communications, and/or environmental science.
- Working knowledge of ESG landscape including the various
voluntary reporting frameworks and associated carbon accounting
- Experience with sustainability reporting and ESG ratings and
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to
communicate accurately and concisely to all levels within the
company as well as develop and edit written materials.
- Thrives in a high-visibility, high-impact position within the
- Thinks strategically and analytically to understand business
impacts when evaluating and implementing new ESG initiatives.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational
- Team player and recognized leader who can work effectively
across multiple business units to influence and educate.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Minimum of High School diploma.
- Experience gained through college degree programs and/or
certifications is applicable to above skills.
- Accurate and auditable sustainability reporting.
- Timely submission to ESG rating agencies.
- Ongoing analysis of Vistra's sustainability data.
- Strategic recommendations for improvements and enhancements to
sustainability reporting and strategy.
- Employee awareness of Vistra's sustainability strategy and ESG
- Excellent relationships both internally and externally.
Vistra Corporate Services Company
We are a company of people committed to: Exceeding Customer
Expectations, Great People, Teamwork, Competitive Spirit and
Effective Communication. If this describes you, then apply
If you currently work for Vistra or its subsidiaries, please apply
via the internal career site.
It is the policy of the Company to comply with all employment laws
and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all
aspects of employment, including in selection for job
opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, military service, protected
veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal,
state or local laws.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance
submitting an application or would like to request an
accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to
make a request.
Keywords: Vistra Corp., Irving , Corporate Sustainability Sr Specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!