Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Catapult Solutions Group
Posted on: March 17, 2023
NOTE: This role will be required to sit On-SiteMust-Haves/ Top 3
- Architecture & Design Experience
- Routing and Switching (BGP, OSPF)
- Built with all 7 layers Our client is looking for a Sr. Network
Engineer to Join their team. This will be one of two Sr. Engineers
on the team. Needs to have the mindset of no job is too big or
small. Notes from Hiring Manager Sr. Level Network
- Built with all 7 layers (Needs Familiarity with all)
- Layer 2 and 3 primarily being used
- Routing - BGP, OSPF, WAN, LAN
- Implementations- there will be support as well (No task too
small for this person)
- Full cycle design and architect there isn't a lot of that but
there will be some solutioning projects within architecture
- 2 senior level guys sharing responsibilities (Comes from small
- Broad range of responsibilities - Might be at a desktop, might
- WI-FI (nice to have)Job Description Summary Advanced career
position responsible and accountable for administration,
maintenance, and operation of the client enterprise networks (e.g.,
LAN, WAN, wireless, and VoIP). Major Responsibilities:
- Manages highly complex network and server environments
- Leads the development, implementation, and maintenance of
policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network
resource administration, appropriate use, security controls, and
- Ensures network performance through testing, monitoring and
- Manages and performs network systems software upgrades,
including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination.
Manages, implements, and enforces network security controls and
disaster recovery procedures.
- Leads the evaluation of new products and technologies to
determine those that best meet business needs.
- Conducts feasibility studies, assesses impacts on existing
system configurations, and performs cost/benefit analyses to
support the selection and purchase of network hardware and
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of current and forward-looking
- Provides guidance and training to less-experienced network
administrators. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; consideration given for related
- Minimum of 10 years related experience is required, with at
least seven (7) years experience in supporting LANs, WANs,
wireless, and VoIP; consideration given for related technical
- Strong consulting skills and interest in understanding the
client environment so that network solutions meet the business
- Must demonstrate complex problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task projects.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate desire to learn.
- Must be self-guided and takes initiative as appropriate.
Keywords: Catapult Solutions Group, Irving , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...