Company: HumCap Recruiting
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Senior Accountant - Grapevine, TX HumCap's client is looking for
an Accounting with strong leadership skills and hands on experience
in a fast-paced environment. The Controller/Senior Acocuntant will
report directly to the CFO and be responsible for maintaining the
organization's overall accounting systems, records, procedures, and
policies. This position also continually looks for ways to improve
efficiency and identify ways to improve the organization's
profitability. This is a remote opportunity with the ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the CFO in maintaining the general ledger and all
related accounts with proper documentation and records of all
company transactions; reviews entries to the general and subsidiary
ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the company's and
established accounting principles; controls all changes to chart of
accounts. Responsible for assisting in the monthly and year-end
closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal
- Responsible for assisting the CFO in maintaining computerized
accounting system, backup control, assisting other accounting staff
- Assists the CFO and department managers in the preparation of
the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Assists in the preparation of interim, year-end, and
comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of
current results to prior periods and/or budget. Prepares required
government reports as directed by the CFO and responds to inquiries
- Stays current with developments, practice trends, and
promulgations in the accounting profession; monitors accounting
systems and recommends new or revised policies and
- Assists the CFO in training and management of accounting
- Assists in managing the accounts payable and accounts
receivable billing and payment processes.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly reconciliations for all
accounts; verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolve
questions or problems; maintains integrity of cash balances and
cash flow systems.
- Responsible for review of payroll records and reports by
outside payroll service. Also responsible for making sure payroll
entries are correctly recorded in the general ledger.
- Maintains other accounts and performs other accounting duties,
as required or requested by the CFO.
- Performs all the above with utmost sensitivity to confidential
- Accounting Degree required
- At least 5+ years of accounting or related experience
- CPA is desired
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with exceptional
attention to detail are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to work professionally with all staff levels are essential,
as are leadership skills.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks (or similar accounting system) and
spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Word)
Keywords: HumCap Recruiting, Irving , Senior Accountant, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...