Data Integration Specialist
Company: Caris Life Sciences
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The Data Integration Specialist is responsible for applying IT best
practices for the technical implementation and project methodology
for Caris' comprehensive data exchange initiatives. This role will
work with real world evidence data deployments.
- Bridge the gap between business and technology by leading
technical requirements gatherings and establishing approaches for
each unique project. The applicant will need to be able to clearly
communicate technical processes to non-technical business leaders
and communicate non-technical business requirements to technical
- The applicant will need to gather large amounts of data and
organize it in way that the data can be ingested into Client
- Contribute to design and development of data exchange
infrastructure. The applicant will need to understand business
requirements and create a plan of how to accomplish those
requirements using technology.
- Analyze those business requirements and install, configure,
test and place into production integrations with Clients
documenting all steps along the way.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special
projects as required.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 2 years of experience in extract transform and load (ETL)
- 2 years of experience working with relational databases
- Working experience with relational databases including
Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- Working experience in healthcare integrations with emphasis on
XML and JSON feeds using Mirth or other Integration
- Working experience with interface connectivity protocols, such
as, VPNs, sFTP, API, HTTPS.
- Candidates must have a strong background, advanced knowledge
and working experience in IT technologies, security architecture
and system life-cycle phases are recommended.
- Ability to assemble and query complex data from databases,
perform in depth analysis and decipher computational data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel,
Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business
- Conditions of Employment: Individuals must successfully
complete pre-employment process, which includes criminal background
check, drug screening, and reference verification.
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing concepts and
- Familiarity with Transport protocols and applications.
- Ability to work independently solving application software
- Experience with establishing external access and extract
transform and load (ETL) strategies with multiple types of data
sources, particularly a variety of electronic medical record
- Working experience with AWS S3 to deploy data to external
- Tokenization of data for external partner collaboration.
- Will work at computer most of the time.
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- All job specific, safety, and compliance training are assigned
based on the job functions associated with this employee.
- Job may require after-hours response to emergency issues.
- Periodically scheduled on-call may require after-hours response
for technical emergencies not explicitly related to assigned job
- At times may be required to work weekends/holidays.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential
functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management's
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other
things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Caris Life Sciences, Irving , Data Integration Specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!