Cyber Transformation Lead
Posted on: October 8, 2018
What you'll be doing... The candidate will be part of the Corporate Information Security Strategy and Risk team and will be focused on transforming the Verizon security operating model across the enterprise and business units to become best in class security service providers for the Verizon enterprise. This team is responsible for developing enterprise cyber security and risk management strategy for detection and monitoring of risks, vulnerabilities, and evolving our preventive infrastructure, network and business processes to keep ahead of the threat. This is accomplished through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving Verizon's risk posture. The candidate will lead the innovation of security solutions through the introduction of novel approaches, technologies and skills within security services, products and capabilities to evolve security defenses through automation and incorporation of data-driven, intelligent technology to deliver world-class security capabilities. The candidate will create technical solutions designed to scale across the Verizon enterprise in order to provide effectiveness and efficiency demanded by shareholders, Verizon business units, and consumers. The successful candidate will work with business, operations and technical teams to create lean, standardized cyber technical solutions that meet Verizon protection needs and against best practices security frameworks. Ultimately the combination of standards, governance and operational efficiency will provide a measurable reduction in unit cost, increase of speed to implement, and increase quality of delivery for desired security controls. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in instrumenting the security technical solutions to enable leadership to make data-driven, informed decisions related to risk and security management. Responsibilities:
- Support the Director, Strategy & Risk in driving strategic initiatives (vulnerability management, asset management, penetration testing, etc.) around improving the effectiveness of the delivery, integration and operation of enterprise security services technologies in meeting Verizon's business operational and risk management goals.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cyber security technical capabilities, service delivery and solution architecture based on industry standard frameworks (NIST, ISO, PCI, ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF) industry frameworks and standards.
- Direct the development of modular architectures and designs that allow substitution or maturation of modules and services in a manner that allows more streamlined update of existing capabilities and integration of new technical or process capabilities to allow the enterprise to more quickly adapt to the increasing pace of evolution of threat and technology in the security landscape.
- Rationalize cyber security tools to support a standardized, integrated automation-based security architecture based on sound technology, data, and operations management principles, resulting in tangible corporate cost savings.
- Partner with technology and business stakeholders to direct and provide technical and operational guidance for potential new technologies and solutions to meet evolving business needs and regulatory requirements which includes an independent review of architecture, standards, controls and risk remediation activities.
- Oversee the analysis of existing and planned cyber security technical capabilities, products and operations to create detailed technical requirements for security services. Oversee the documentation of these requirements to enable the supporting teams in architecting, designing and implementing security services that effectively support business solutions.
- Drive improvements and innovation in the security solutions through a deep understanding of emerging risk trends, technical reviews, security threats, business requirements, and architectural views. Oversee development and delivery of robust alternative methods of service delivery and operation (tools, process and data) through automation.
- Create and oversee implementation of technical service definition and decomposition modeling methods to support effective delivery of security services and interfacing with other services and information providers.
- Update, manage and drive performance against an iterative, practical technical transformation strategy and roadmap to ensure that Verizon builds the necessary technologies, skills and experience in time to effectively support the strategic goals of defending the business. Work with business and technical stakeholders to define and oversee the establishment of enterprise-level KPIs related to the reduction of time to detect, respond, and remediate key technical security risks. What we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years' experience with writing high and low level designs for implementation of security and security-related processes, tools and systems
- Organizational, technical and cultural transformation and/or merger & acquisition experience
- Six or more years' experience in a service and solution architecture of information technology services.
- Six or more year's experience with Active Directory, PowerBroker, Firemon, Tuffin, CyberArk, CA or other security tools
- Automation experience with tools, such as HP uCMDB, BMC, ServiceNow, BDNA, Archer, business intelligence solutions, vulnerability scanning tools, discovery and dependency mapping tools, and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) lifecycle tools
- Security certifications: GSEC, CISA, CISM or CISSP, or willingness to obtain within 9 months of start date.
- Experience with implementation of industry standards: NIST, COBIT 5, ISO 20000 series, ISO 27000 series. Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber security risk management concepts, cybersecurity frameworks, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
- Experience with implementation of industry standards: NIST, COBIT 5, ISO 20000 series, ISO 27000 series
- Demonstrated success in applying working knowledge of new technologies and methodologies to meet evolving environments and business needs. Process Improvement:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, business/supply chain management
- ITIL Certification with eight or more years of Six Sigma process improvement related experience for cyber security management and/or IT service management.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Lean certification
- Release management process, system development life cycle (waterfall & agile) experience Technical Data and Modeling:
- Bachelor's degree Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, related field or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years of related experience for designing and implementing control, assurance and data quality metrics.
- Eight or more years in a service and data, information based on EDM Council standards within a data modeling tool (ex. PowerDesigner, etc.).
- Data architecture, modeling and integration experience with tools, such as HP uCMDB, BMC, ServiceNow, BDNA, Archer, business intelligence solutions, vulnerability scanning tools, discovery and dependency mapping tools, and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) lifecycle tools Innovation:
- Bachelor's degree Information Systems, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
- Ten years' experience with writing high and low level designs for implementation of security and security-related processes, tools and systems such as: vulnerability scanning and management, IT and network asset identification, discovery and mapping, lifecycle automation (continuous integration/continuous delivery & deployment), technology procurement, outsourced technology and security integration, etc.
- Eight or more years in a service and solution architecture of information technology services. 22CyberARCH When you join Verizon... You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon. Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Cyber Transformation Lead, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!