In-Business Risk and Control Lead
Posted on: November 9, 2018
- Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Other Location: United States,Delaware,Wilmington; United States,Florida,Jacksonville
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
About Citi Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all. Position Summary Citi's Global Analytics & Information Management (AIM) organization's goal is to build information and insight-driven customer decisions and experiences strategically to further our customer-centric approach. It is not only focused on providing a standardized supply chain of data, tools, and platforms for decision making, but also on creating mechanisms for knowledge and best practice sharing across product lines and geographies. Citi has a strong culture of control across the organization with partnerships across all control lines of defense. To continue to strengthen the control environment and ensure accountability within the business, we are expanding the In-Business Risk and Control group as the first line of defense, supporting the Marketing Information Management Team (MIM) - one of the many teams in the AIM Organization. We are seeking an In-Business Risk and Control Lead to manage the development and implementation of controls and monitoring required to ensure the MIM team operates within the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) framework. The In-Business Risk & Control Lead will be responsible for:
- Business Monitoring and Readiness
- Manage monitoring and critical control testing for all high risk process per Manager's Control Assessment (MCA)
- Manage self-assessments of medium / low risk processes
- Ensure process maps and procedure manuals are created and maintained throughout business
- Process Excellence and Issues Management
- Identify and review processes that have regulatory, customer, and policy impacts, and oversee remediation efforts to mitigate risk
- Identify control breaks or gaps causing issues through appropriate root cause analysis, remediation, and closure; ensure controls and monitoring are updated to reflect newly implemented/enhanced controls
- Operational Risk and Exam Management, serving as 2nd party liaison and ensuring deliverables management
- Records Management
- 8+ years professional experience in the cards and payments industry or similar, with 3+ years of direct, relevant experience in risk and control and/or process-oriented roles.
- Strong communication, presentation, and influence skills, with ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners, external constituencies, decision-makers, and stakeholders.
- Solid process background with a continuous improvement mindset, identifying solutions to mitigate risk while maintaining lean, nimble processes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Adaptable - Remains calm and optimistic under pressure and/or ambiguous environment, and adapts well to unexpected situations. Solicits and embraces feedback from others to make changes to improve impact and effectiveness.
- Curious and Courageous - Raises issues and challenges traditional approaches. Demonstrates an appetite to learn new things. Takes initiative and is not afraid to go against popular opinion.
- Determined - Achievement-oriented. Seeks and accepts new challenges outside comfort zones, and sets a high bar. Demonstrates a strong bias for action.
Keywords: Citi, Irving , In-Business Risk and Control Lead, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!