Data Scientist - Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics
Posted on: May 18, 2019
What you'll be doing...
As the Principal Data Scientist, you will develop quantitative and
computational solutions using big data, statistical analyses,
machine learning, optimization and related analytical techniques to
solve complex supply chain challenges. In addition, you will enable
the architecture required to advance analytical solutions in our
supply chain ecosystem. This position requires excellent
communication and leadership skills to lead conceptualization,
prototyping, testing, and execution of advanced statistical models
and machine learning algorithms, and drive financial results and
- Drive strategic efforts across the supply chain organization,
leveraging advanced analytics to optimize processes and procedures
that lead to improved device life cycle management, rationalized
supplier portfolio, working capital optimization and cost
- Translate supply chain challenges into analytical problems and
effectively communicate results and business implications to key
- Own the development and execution of quantitative solutions and
provide predictive and prescriptive insights into supply chain
strategies, including forecast/planning, supplier rationalization,
inventory and SKU management, etc.
- Mentor the data scientists and analysts for technical modeling
questions and the state-of-the-art tools in the field
- Work as the analytics lead, support our core business targets
set by the upper management, and contribute to analytics
initiatives across the Global Supply Chain organization
- Explore new technologies related to advanced analytics and
assess their maturity level and readiness to be implemented in the
global supply chain such as AI/Machine Learning, Block chain, and
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience within Supply Chain, Business analytics, Computer
science, Information Systems or related field
- Experience with SQL and statistical software packages (e.g., R,
SAS or SPSS).
- Experienced in modeling and data science.
Even better if you have:
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering,
Mathematics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or related
- Coding skills in a general-purpose programming language (e.g.,
C/C++, Java or Python).
- Experience with strategic projects and change management as
well as the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in problem solving and engaging and influencing
functional leaders and stakeholders.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Data Scientist - Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!