Cyber Security Leader Managed Services
Posted on: May 19, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Leading this role for Verizon Enterprise Services SOC Services
Practice you will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring,
maturing, and coordinating the security delivery aspects for
Verizon's key customers. The role is exclusively client facing and
requires the following primary skills: knowledge of the business
and offering, risk management, relationship management,
communication skills. This is an on-site position located in
(Please Note: This leadership role is an onsite role in Milwaukee
WI and is relocation eligible - so only apply if interested in
relocating to that area)
As the Cyber Security Leader you will...
- Supervise the security components of the Customer engagement,
and ensure successful delivery of the roles and contractual
commitments within the engagement.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a new SOC Services model with a
unique set of requirements for the Customer's environment,
providing input and recommendations.
- Drive timely delivery of services and reports for the SOC
Services components of the Customer engagement.
- Act as a facilitator for liaising between Verizon's security
functions and the customer, and act as a trusted security advisor
to varying levels of stakeholders at Customer.
- Provide security consulting oversight and strategic advisory
for the customer engagement by helping the Customer improve their
overall cyber security posture and reduce their cyber risk.
- Gather, analyze, understand and apply contextual and business
information supporting the security delivery component of the
- Work with Customer and Verizon stakeholders to contribute to
open actions and bring them to a close as needed.
- Ensure proactive and actionable notifications are delivered to
the Customer within specified timeframes and reported as completed
by due date.
- Drive innovation meetings with Customer stakeholders to discuss
emerging threats, new services, technology improvements, and design
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with Customer stakeholders
to identify and reset expectations where appropriate, and adjust
expectations within the confines of the existing engagements should
changes in business requirements, threat landscape or other similar
requirements so dictate.
- Review and prepare digestible, actionable and timely
information to hierarchical management and Customer stakeholders
through recurring reporting, including but not limited to executive
summaries, detailed activity reports, slide decks, presentations
and the like.
- Lead and participate in presentations to Customer stakeholders,
including management and executives, on information security topics
and on-going engagement activities.
- Participate in meetings with other Verizon Security
Stakeholders, Sales teams, and Contract Governance management on a
regular basis to review on-going issues, interaction points,
activities and challenges for Customer.
- Strong ability to articulate the actual cyber security and
business risk along with good report writing and client
presentation skills are a must. The willingness to travel and a
strong ability to learn new technologies and methodologies are
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have---
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8 to 10+ years of recent experience in Information and/or Cyber
Security, preferably in a lead consulting, advisory or leadership
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, SANS, CISA,
- Previous experience working with external clients in a
Professional Services type organization
- Extensive client management experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Be able to and have the ability to travel as necessary
Even better if you have---
- A degree
- Previous consulting experience with one of the Big 4 a
- Managed Security Services and Professional Security Services
background would be considered an advantage
- Verbal, analytical, and written communication skills
- Demonstrable presentation skills
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Cyber Security Leader Managed Services, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!