Operational Risk Consultant 5 - WF Auto MRA specialist
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help
us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.Consumer Banking is an industry
leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to
operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the
country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business
customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus
is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers
through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the
products and services that will help them realize their financial
hopes and dreams. We ve built our team of top professionals by
rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's
needed to succeed.Our Wells Fargo Auto team supports one of the
nation's leading auto lenders. The team offers integrated financial
services solutions designed primarily for the auto dealer
community, providing financing and related services to both dealers
and consumers nationwide.The position will help support a team
responsible for driving program activities to support the WF Auto
MRA portfolio including building out an ongoing monitoring,
milestone validation and implementation validation process.The
RoleThis position is critical to help Wells Fargo Auto reduce risk,
improve controls, and build credible success in addressing issues.
This leader will work within a small team to verify sustainable
corrective actions were established, the corrective actions address
the root cause of the MRA, and confirm sufficient documentation of
sustainability exists prior to the MRA moving to a second or third
line of defense validation. Specific responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading themselves and at times others through
implementation validation processes to address the WF Auto MRA
Portfolio, with the primary focus on on-boarding new MRAs with
planning, monitoring existing MRAs, validating the current plans
will achieve the desired outcomes in risk management, and
overseeing a team that will validate at milestones throughout the
open stage of the MRA.
- Verify the design and execution of corrective actions addresses
the root cause of the MRA. Execution will require working with
Business Excellence Issue Management to understand the controls
that have been established to mitigate risk and excellent
communication across multiple stakeholders for the existing
portfolio of MRAs.
- Provide credible challenge to the design of corrective actions
and root cause of MRAs.
- Escalate challenges prior to and during the implementation of
corrective actions for MRAs.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively across
Business Excellence, front/back office business partners, Testing &
Validation, WF Auto Control Executive group and Wells Fargo Audit
- Participate in the MRA/corrective action/remediation intake
process in line with our corporate Issue Management and Commitment
to Customer policies.
- May manage specific projects and provide guidance to less
- Verify the corrective actions taken resolve identified
- Maintain an understanding of the Issue Management and
Remediation Management Policies and the interconnectivity of its
key components as they relate to all MRAs.The CandidateThis
collaborative leader must be capable of initiating action and
managing change. It requires a leader with strong relationship
management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key
differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate
successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment.
The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and
personal accountability for achievement while making difficult
decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and
judgement.Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex
concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those
concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They
will use both vision and analysis to unlock business problems and
build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations, successfully
engaging stakeholders. They will also have a demonstrated ability
to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key
stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory
examiners and internal auditors and will be skilled at managing
conflict to get to agreement.This leader will need to exercise
superlative collaboration skills in partnering broadly with other
leaders within WF Auto and across the Enterprise to achieve
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk
management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the
management of a process or business with accountability for
compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+
years of IT systems security, business process management or
financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must
include direct experience in compliance, operational risk
management, or a combination of both
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong proven leadership ability to drive successful execution
of implementation validation; ability to plan, prioritize and set
goals. Must possess a sense of urgency about exceeding the
objectives of the role.
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet
aggressive time frames.
- Knowledge and understanding of complex regulatory/compliance
issues and potential solutions.
- Capability to work in a rapidly changing, highly complex
- Outstanding problem solving skills--forward thinking and always
looking for new solutions.
- Relationship building and ability to drive decision
- Ability to influence and create an environment that fosters
collaboration and credible challenge across multiple levels of the
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolates root cause,
and provides swift/thorough resolution.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Experience creating, executing and documenting compliance
testing or policy and procedures/control testing.
- Wells Fargo Audit Services experience.
- Risk and regulatory compliance experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents/reports.
- Exposure to Wells Fargo Shared Risk Platform (SHRP).
- Certifications in: CRCM, CIA, CPA, CAMS
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Irving , Operational Risk Consultant 5 - WF Auto MRA specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!