PFS Associate Lead
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 15, 2019
The Team Lead must demonstrate a consistently high degree of
proficiency in their primary position within Patient Financial
Services Department of CHRISTUS Health. The Team Lead is
responsible for a variety of activities in the department. The
primary purpose of this position is to allow for professional
growth and development within the organization, while applying
one's expertise and knowledge within the unit. The position
provides opportunities to increase one's scope of responsibility
within the PFS Department. The position works in a cooperative team
environment to provide value to internal and external customers,
works in partnership with the management team and serves as a
resource for innovation, staff support and process improvements. In
addition to being able to perform the job duties as outlined in the
job description of their primary role, a Team Lead must be able to
meet the accountabilities outlined below.
The Team Lead carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest
standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest
of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's core values
of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Functions as a subject matter expert in support of other PFS
team members and other departments/facilities within the CHRISTUS
- Trains new staff in all areas as needed and provides source of
knowledge for staff inquiries.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of payer benefits
requirements, on-line claims status, submission, billing, cash
application, and reconciliation procedures.
- Approve or deny requested adjustments and refunds within role
- Adapt to process and procedure evaluations and improvements,
support continuous change, and willingly manage special projects in
addition to normal workload and other duties as assigned.
- Remain flexible if duties are reassigned, which may involve
transferring to a more appropriate unit in order to best serve PFS
and CHRISTUS Health.
- Display a professional, courteous and enthusiastic demeanor,
while maintaining a positive self-image and perspective of the
- Responsible to contact CHRISTUS Health facility departments in
order to resolve outstanding questions related to account or charge
posting information to ensure account integrity and compliance with
payer and/or government regulations and to ensure timeliness of
- Ensures quality and productivity standards are met or exceeded.
Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other
systems utilized by Patient Financial Services in accordance with
policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to Patient
Financial Services Leadership Team regarding ongoing errors, payer
related issues/trends, registration and other controllable QA
related activities affecting productivity, reimbursement and/or
- Functions effectively within a team and participates and
contributes constructively to produce results in a cooperative
- Continually seeks to understand and act upon customer needs,
concerns, and priorities. Meets customer expectations and
requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Demonstrates ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the work
- Works with Supervisor to receive feedback on performance and
create a personal development plan.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Post HS education preferred
- Three (3) years of experience and working knowledge of primary
position within PFS preferred. Strong candidates, with
supervisor/manager recommendation, may be fast tracked to a Team
Lead position prior to reaching the 3 year experience requirement
based on consistent display of qualities listed above.
- Achieve a standard score of 3.20 or higher on annual
performance evaluation as well as exceeding standards on Quality
Assurance (QA) reviews and Productivity standards.
- Experience calculating expected reimbursement according to
payer regulations and/or contracts
- In-depth knowledge and ability to maneuver efficiently through
Patient Accounting Systems, Document Imaging, Databases, etc.
Strong understanding of systems from an end-user and processing
- Good technical aptitude working with a variety of MS Office
products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and/or ability to learn
and develop more advance skills with the various
- Ability to train new staff in all areas as needed and provide
source of knowledge for staff inquiries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
effectively and efficiently articulate ideas to team members and
management in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of the various areas of government,
non-government programs, billing, customer service and cash
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on
meeting organization goals and objectives required.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience
and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered
in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Understanding of alternative Business Office financial
resources and the ability to provide information and/or
recommendations related to these sources of recovery are
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , PFS Associate Lead, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!