Data Integration Specialist
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 15, 2019
The Data Integration Specialist III is responsible for taking
customer requirements and converting them into data specifications
for application and data integration. This person should have
extensive knowledge of healthcare, an understanding of data
formats/specifications, and ability to provide gap analysis
documentation. The Data Integration Specialist III will also need
to have the ability to provide feedback to the business in business
terms after completing the technical data gap analysis.
- Design & Development- Provides technical development leadership
and implementation of design as it relates to the existing
applications that correspond with the architecture strategies at an
- Strategy Execution -- Leads in the execution of CHRISTUS'
overall information systems strategy as it pertains to their vision
of the organization in both strategic and tactical plans. Involved
in team adoption, execution and integration of strategy to achieve
optimal and efficient deliver.
- System Engineering -- Involved in the evaluation of proposed
system acquisitions or solutions development and provides input to
the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost,
resource requirements, operations, and maintenance.
- System Integration -- Integrates software components,
subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical
systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works
with cross functional teams within information management to ensure
positive project impact. Installs, configures, and verifies the
operation of software components.
- System Management -- Participates in development of standards,
design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and
report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- System Security -- Participates in the research, design,
development, and implementation of application, database, and
interface security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key
encryption, and Certificates or other emerging security
The Data Integration Specialist III -- Interoperability supports
the business goals and objectives for the Interoperability Team,
the Information Management Organization, and the organization as a
- Lead groups of individuals:
- in the analysis, design, development, and delivery of
- in working closely with project teams on customer-specific
initiatives that involve data movement, translation, or integration
- to solve highly complex technical data communication and
- Assist team members:
- troubleshooting technical issues related to data transformation
- in analyzing customer data specifications and provide gap
- Create documentation for future reference, training and support
- Communicate with customers to clarify data format
- Write translation plans to move development work into various
- Perform unit testing and provide business stakeholders with
user acceptance testing guidance.
- Mentor others regarding Interoperability Team processes
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with
both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across the
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical and financial Healthcare data
- Knowledge of all data formats (HL7, EDI, CSV, XML,
- Process and Project Oriented
- High level of Intellectual Curiosity
- A minimum of 10 years IT experience in technical analysis,
design and implementation
- A minimum of 4 years of Healthcare or Healthcare IT
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in MS Office with a
focus on Excel, Word and Visio
- A minimum of 2 years working with relational databases, MS SQL
Server.2000-2008, Transact-SQL, and SQL Stored Procedures or any
- Integration experience with Microsoft SSIS, Informatica
PowerCenter, IBM integration bus or other tool is a plus
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Data Integration Specialist, Other , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!