Director, Production Quality
Company: Sirius XM Radio
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Manages and leads a team of Production Quality engineers by
conducting cross training of supported systems, ensuring continuous
improvement, conducting root cause analysis, trending of tickets
and support of OEM problem resolution. The key skills are:
clear/concise communication, issue identification, triage of
technical issues, communications (internal/OEM) and an in-depth
knowledge of our internal systems/data flows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and lead a team of Production Quality engineers and
specialists supplemented by additional company and external
resources when required to deliver solutions to customer facing
* Identify root causes which will drive long term fixes as opposed
to short term wins.
* Ownership of problem solving activities to ensure end to end to
identify effective corrective actions and process improvements are
* Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control
and process improvement.
* Set and monitor achievement of goals for each individual team
* Establish a root cause tracking system that promotes customer
* Identify resource gaps and deliver corrective plan as needed
* Balance large dynamic imprecisely defined workload in a rapidly
changing situation with limited resources amid time pressure and
* Train and develop the technical abilities and process
capabilities within the PQ team.
* Advise the appropriate company leadership regarding the impact
assessment, steps for issue resolution and root cause analysis
* The Director of PQ will be responsible for managing a team of 5-7
* 7-10 years in quality control, process improvement,
metrics/analytics and leadership of a team of 5+ individuals.
* The ideal candidate possess' a dynamic personality with
experience achieving challenging objectives and maintaining high
standards in a demanding environment.
* They will also have to be experienced in systems analysis, design
and production triage activities. Expert level with MS Office
software, presentation software and troubleshooting tools.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or
related field or equivalent experience
Requirements and General Skills:
* Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or
technical operations servicing multiple customers
* Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels of
* Proactively partners with other departments to provide
information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous
improvement and resolve issues.
* Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving
* Personal leadership skills with successful track record of
leading team to accomplish difficult objectives.
* Department level management skill including budget, personnel
review, scheduling and other administrative tasks.
* Great public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff
at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Knowledge of a defect tracking system is a requirement.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work
environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and
cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race,
creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or
citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender
identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or
waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Keywords: Sirius XM Radio, Irving , Director, Production Quality, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!