AP Analyst - Expense Team
Posted on: February 16, 2020
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!Position SummaryThe Accounts
Payable Analyst supports the FleetPride locations in managing the
assigned accounts payable expense, vendor invoices, and resolves
any invoice or vendor related issues accordingly.He/she performs
accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance
and processing of accounts payable transactions. He/she computes,
classifies, and records numerical data to keep financial records
complete. He/she will perform any combination of routine
calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary
financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also
check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings
pertaining to business transactions recorded by other
- Perform daily invoice processing, analysis and work with vendor
to resolve any exceptions; Successfully handle most non-routine
issues, escalate issues that cannot be resolved to management.2 .
Assist in resolution of invoice entry exceptions
- Research and resolve rejected invoices from processing through
the outsourced imaging system.
- Work with vendors, assisting them so that exceptions can be
- Successfully handle most non-routine issues, escalate issues
that cannot be resolved to management; Plan and organize work so
the invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Understand and apply Accounts Payable processes, policies,
procedures and internal control standards.
- Contributes ideas and actions towards the continuous
improvement of Accounts Payable related processes within area of
- Maintain positive work relationships with members FleetPride
team to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with
- Other miscellaneous duties
- Process invoices for payment to vendors by reviewing invoices
for accuracy, resolving discrepancies, and entering data into
- Sort, code, match, enter, and track invoices.
- Analyze, reconcile and review vendors statements for
- Reconcile, post transactions, prepare analysis of
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including
mail, faxes and email.
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to
answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders
and address complaints.
- Operate office machines, such as 10-key calculators,
photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems
and personal computers programmed with accounting software.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work
procedures and instructions.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people
are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective
- Time management: Managing ones time productively and
efficiently. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Reading_ Comprehension:_ Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- _Writing:_ Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- _Mathematics:_ Using mathematics to solve problems.
- _Critical Thinking:_ Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.Attributes
- _Mathematical Reasoning: _The ability to choose the right
mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- _Problem Sensitivity: _The ability to tell when something is
wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning: The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- _Oral Comprehension: _The ability to understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to understand information
and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression: The ability to communicate information and
ideas in writing so others will understand.Physical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as
required to file documents or store materials throughout the
- Occasional lifting of items up to 25 pounds (files, computer
printouts on occasion)Environmental / Atmospheric ConditionsThis
position operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment as computers, phones,
photocopiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. The performance of
this position may require exposure to the warehouse areas where
certain areas may require the use of personal protective equipment
such as steel toed shoes and safety glasses. The primary
environment is characterized by ambient room temperatures, lighting
and traditional office equipment found in a typical office
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
Certificate). Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Preferred 1 year experience in an accounts payable role; 2-3
years experience preferred with a large multiple location
- Knowledge of general accounting/accounts payable procedures and
relevant accounting ERP software
- Ability to do repetitive work in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with
internal and external customers are required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of project
teams; ability to respond to dynamic and time-sensitive
requirements in a professional way.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and 10-key calculator by
- Analytical, problem solving, and excellent customer service
- Knowledge of imaging software.
- Intermediate to advanced user knowledge of Microsoft Office
Suite, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel.This job description
in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow
any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by
his or her supervisor.FleetPride is the leader in the industry
comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 7 Days Ago
- Full time
Keywords: FleetPride, Irving , AP Analyst - Expense Team, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!