Senior Pricing Analyst
Posted on: February 16, 2020
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!The position is responsible for
analyzing and evaluating data on products, customers, and markets
Responsible for making recommendations regarding pricing levels by
developing spreadsheets, models, databases and other analytic tools
that reflect vendor costs, rebates, competitive/market conditions,
and/or internal cost factors to ensure profitability goals are met.
Conduct research and maintain pricing policies for the
organization.Essential TasksCreate and maintain assigned price
conditions. Review daily exception reports for impacts to pricing,
including low margins, cost, and contract pricing. Perform price
evaluation and analysis based on competitive pricing, cost, pricing
trends, and margin objectives to enhance profitable pricing
structure for the company. Review/Manage part pricing in different
Business Segments (cross reference analysis). Import & organize
baseline price information, analyze and report on inconsistencies
and identify opportunities. Perform analysis of existing
transactional level data to identify price/margin erosion. Provide
timely pricing guidance to sales force as market share and/or
conditions change. Communicate recommended price behavior based on
key metrics. Conduct monthly review of prices by part category to
ensure consistency across similar items and within the competitive
market. Review and analyze market trends to develop price models
and provide insight on impact of price changes on growth rates and
profitability. Monitor, analyze, and report on monthly Price
Realization (erosion) versus budget commitment on specific SPAs,
quotes, market segments and/or customers. Prepare reports and
materials for monthly review of metrics with sales and pricing
management to help ensure consistency of pricing practices
throughout the organization. Interface with product support
departments concerning standard cost changes, part number changes,
and inventory planning to ensure relevant data is available for
pricing level decisions. Document, communicate and review of
internal and external comparative price data, including wins and
losses due to price. Work on special or periodic projects as needed
including analysis of cost to serve elements, pricing process
improvement analysis, special testing required for system changes,
etc. Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for
management. Maintain full compliance with Company policies and
procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with Company
Standards of Business Conduct.Skills
- _Monitoring:_ Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself and
other individuals and organizations to make improvements or take
- _Judgment & Decision making:_ Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- _Communicating: _Conveying information to others in an
- _Active Learning:_ Understanding the implication of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- _Time Management:_ Managing one's own time and the time of
- _Mathematics:_Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use
mathematics to solve problems.
- _Critical Thinking:_ Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- _Coordination:_ Adjusting actions in relation to others
- Oral Expression : The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- _Oral Comprehension: _The ability to understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension: The ability to understand information
and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression:_ _The ability to communicate information
and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Originality: The ability to come up with unusual or clever
ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways
to solve a problem.
- _Complex Problem Solving:_ Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- _Deductive Reasoning:_ The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- _Inductive Reasoning:_ The ability to combine pieces of
information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding
a relationship among seemingly unrelated
- Bachelors Degree requiredProfessional Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related capacity including
Pricing, Product Management or Merchandising.
- Experience utilizing MS Excel and Access to manipulate large
amounts of data to help discover pricing trends, market trends, and
create product pricing recommendations.
- Experience creating/modifying/implementing excel spreadsheets
using database tools and mined data.
- Strong analytical, statistical and financial skills and detail
- Knowledge of related areas: Pricing, Marketing and Product
- Understanding of analytical, statistical and financial
processes and procedures.
- Understanding of the heavy duty truck repair business. Prior
experience in the heavy duty industry preferred.Computer Skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS
PowerPoint, MS Access or similar tools.
- Knowledge and experience in AS400 or similar computer
environment preferred.This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or she will be required to follow any other
instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or
her supervisor.FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised
of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 11 Days Ago
- Full time
Keywords: FleetPride, Irving , Senior Pricing Analyst, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!