Company: Tempur Sealy International, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Production SupervisorLocation: 2650 Rental Car Drive, Irving,
Texas 75062Department: Plant OperationsDescriptionTempur Sealy's
Dallas, TX manufacturing plant is a new facility and is
continuously improving, driving change, and developing strategies
to make us the best of the best. We are currently looking for a
driven individual with supervision experience in manufacturing,
distribution, or similar, who wants to be a part of a team building
some of the most highly recognized brands in the mattress
industry.The Production Supervisor is not only responsible for the
day to day operations in their department, but will also be
involved with safety initiatives, Kaizen events, problem solving,
and so much more. If you bring a strong work ethic, positive
attitude, and a hunger to learn and always do better, we want you
on our team.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Directly
supervises production hourly employees in manufacturing activities
of an assigned production area in such a manner that approved
quality products are manufactured and/or delivered on schedule and
within specifications and cost requirements.
- Directs work group or department to assure on-time production
- Selects and trains employees to produce at standard-and-above
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards.
- Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive
- Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping
procedures and seeing that they are adhered to.
- Responsible for having machines and/or equipment kept in good
- Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment,
handling or lay-out.
- Responsible for accuracy of required administrative reports and
- Responsible for controlling absenteeism, scrap and waste.
- Frequent contact with office staff giving and/or receiving
- Completes all other projects assigned by supervisor.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job.Tempur
Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.RequirementsEducation: High school
graduate or GED; college degree preferredExperience: Three years'
experience in supervising others and maintaining efficient and
productive work groups.
- Skills in developing, communicating and maintaining positive
interpersonal relationships with and among employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all
levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical,
methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
- Solid computer skills, to include data entry, Excel, and
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable
of performing each essential duty and responsibility
satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.WORK
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand for extended periods, to sit and talk
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly
works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Safety glasses are required PPE.To apply, visit
Keywords: Tempur Sealy International, Inc., Irving , Production Supervisor, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!