Career Development Program
Company: White Cap
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary This is a
cross functional branch development program targeting recent
college graduates and/or those with equivalent work experience. The
program is designed to attract the very best talent and provide
selected candidates with the opportunity to develop the skills
necessary for a successful career in sales or operations. Program
participants will complete a program that includes rotational
assignments in various segments of the branch business with
on-the-job training. Program associates act as role models of
professionalism, ethical behavior and utilize effective decision
making at all times. Program associates must thrive on challenge
and a changing environment, while demanding continuous learning in
a competitive, fast paced environment. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Participates in cross-functional job rotations in various areas
of the branch and in a variety of developmental related tasks
including , leadership development, mentor meetings, and other
learning activities with the purpose of matching the individual
with the sales or operations opportunity that best matches
interests, skills and abilities.
- Utilizes learning programs to develop leadership, operations
and/or sales knowledge within the branch/facility.
- Experiences hands-on training needed to learn business systems
- Learns key interfaces within each area of the business as well
as company culture.
- Represents TRUSTED values in all interactions with associates,
customers and suppliers; works effectively with branch and
corporate associates at all levels, consistently following all
company policies and procedures.
- Adds value to assigned branch by participating in branch
activities and completing assigned tasks in a timely manner and as
directed. Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or
protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly
defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and
techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and
inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises
judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves
regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support personnel. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Certification
may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in
a related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in a
related field. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Construction Management or
equivalent military experience with a minimum of 1-2 years of work
- Driven to succeed with a competitive, energetic, professional,
and goal-oriented attitude. Self-governed and takes
- Strong sales and operations focus, including having the ability
to partner with customers to develop value-added solutions and
experience leading or building a team.
- Strong communication skills and experience conversing with team
members and customers.
- Willing to relocate upon completing the program. PRID PRID158
Job Locations US-TX-Irving - US-TX-irving - US-TX-Irving Posted
Date 4 hours ago (1/11/2021 9:46 AM) Job ID 2021-41047 Business
Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Operations Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Irving , Career Development Program, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!