Company: White Cap
Posted on: January 16, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Manage
designated areas of Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas,
and perform manager's duties as assigned. Responsible for
consistent application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and
associate administration in the facility. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals
of assigned functional areas.
- Controls warehouse expenses.
- Ensures compliance with all personnel policies.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including
surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and
managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker's
compensation and general liability issues.
- Ensures the Asset Protection and Hazmat programs are
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds,
and handles customer problems.
- May act as manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
level associates. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Preferred Qualifications PRID PRID158 Job Locations US-TX-Irving
Posted Date 6 days ago (1/6/2021 9:48 AM) Job ID 2021-41000
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Irving , Supervisor, Warehouse, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!