Site Merchant Manager
Company: Neiman Marcus Group
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Overview:The Site Merchant Manager will be a key member of the
Neiman Marcus eCommerce team in helping to define and deploy
best-in-class luxury customer experiences for a specific category
or categories. He or she will be responsible for executing a
strategy that unites content and commerce in a way that engages
customers and drives high converting shopping experiences.This role
requires high attention to detail, technical skills, excellent time
management, the ability to problem solve and multitask, along with
strong interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with
stakeholders. A successful Site Merchant will be proactive, highly
analytical and data driven with an understanding of various online
marketing principles and KPIs, as well as have a passion for
product and market trends. The candidate should be comfortable
working in a fast-paced, demanding and exciting environment.The
Site Merchant Manager will collaborate with the buying, creative,
marketing, category, content and analytics teams. He or she will
manage and lead an Assistant Site Merchant and will foster a
culture that focuses on professional development and
- Own the site navigation experience as it relates to
categorization, visual navigation, filters & facets, browse and
- Champion with cross functional partnership conversion
improvement strategies including A/B testing initiatives, product
recommendations, complete the look, internal search and browse
algorithms within the specified category.
- Partner with other business stakeholders such as Category
Management to understand the key business drivers and opportunities
for growth within the assigned category and develop an onsite
marketing plan to drive sales, engagement and conversion.
- Keep a pulse on competitive site experiences within the
category (direct & indirect competitors) to understand how NM
compares; make recommendations for improved site
features/functions, browse capabilities, enriched content and/or
customer discovery paths. Leverage learnings to influence the
eCommerce product roadmap.
- Analyze and report on ecommerce KPIs and the performance of
site content and features (page templates, site support, navigation
methods, device penetration, etc.) and leverage data, insights and
best practices to make content improvements and testing
- Manage and develop Assistant Site Merchant to ensure team
member is engaged, performing at the highest level and is given the
opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Create a positive and collaborative work environment with
cross-functional partners to allow for alignment and execution of
strategies to exceed goals. --- Exhibit a clear understanding of
traffic and conversion funnels and work to optimize
- Oversee the web item setup process to ensure accurate and
timely publication of products; collaborate effectively with buying
offices to encourage prioritization of item setup and other
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant retail experience. Ecommerce
- Strong experience in large scale enterprise organizations.
Luxury retail preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal and
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, organization and
- Thrives in a fast-paced and cross functional environment with a
company first mindset.
- Proactive, self-motivated, passionate and accountable. A
self-starter approach with an eagerness to consistently meet and
exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills with hands-on experience using data
analytics tools. Adobe Analytics experience preferred. Advanced
Excel and Microsoft Office skills required.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Experience in an "ownership" position overseeing site content /
visual merchandising with the goal of driving ecommerce KPIs is
Keywords: Neiman Marcus Group, Irving , Site Merchant Manager, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!