Test Technician, 2nd Shift
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Please Note: This is the
2nd shift position. Work schedule: Monday through Thursday from
2:00 p.m. - 12:30 a.m. Possible Friday and Saturday shifts as
needed. ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS: The key to successful treatment
and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott---s
life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that
enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is
managing health.Our pioneering technology spans the world of
healthcare operations --- with medical diagnostic instruments,
tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals,
reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician
offices and clinics. Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an
opportunity for Test Technician, 2nd Shift WHAT YOU---LL DOWorking
under general supervision, this position is responsible for the
production of high-quality medical device instruments. This
position includes detailed assembly and testing of various
electronic components and finished devices in a controlled
manufacturing environment. Responsibilities:
- Performs testing of electronic components and assemblies using
automated test equipment
- May perform mechanical assembly of electromechanical
subassemblies and devices
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow written procedures;
understand and follow verbal instructions. May instruct others in
the use of all manuals, test procedures and documentation
associated with specialized equipment.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, schematics and
complex test procedures.
- Participates in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in
order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and
- Maintains accurate records to ensure Device History Records and
quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality
issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products.
- Prioritizes work by determining the sequencing and timing of
different jobs based on precedence and importance.
- Positively represents the company during tours by demonstrating
techniques and sharing appropriate information.
- Supports all Company initiatives as identified by management
and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental
Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
regulations, ISO or other regulatory requirements, Company
policies, operating procedures, processes, and task
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOP---s,
equipment, policies and procedures, including any department
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors,
and vendors. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU---LL BRINGQualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalency is required
- Experience with electronic assembly and test in a medical
device industry preferred.
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment, building and or
testing of electronic assemblies
- Working knowledge of IPC standards and use of complex tools and
equipment specific to functional areas
- Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to
effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as
attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work scheduled overtime as required is
- Ability to hand and lift up to 25 lbs. as needed for specific
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and
arm---s length, stoop, kneel and crouch. WHAT WE OFFER At Abbott,
you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities Learn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully:-- www.abbottbenefits.comFollow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Irving , Test Technician, 2nd Shift, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!