Driver, Back Haul - FP - US
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company: US1107 FreshPoint Dallas, Inc.Zip Code:75244Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:1
YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: JOB SUMMARYAll
backhaul drivers run routes with one or more stops and are required
to deliver them as assigned in the order they are designated by the
Transportation Department Manager. The candidate will operate
successfully in a cross-dock model picking up a loaded truck from
the OPCO (operating company) nightly and driving during the night
and day to our customers. The driver may be required to assist
occasionally with loading-trucks, palletizing product, and
performing other duties as assigned by Supervisor or
- Provide technical, customer relations, and personnel management
for major programs and projects.
- Runs routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route
- On occasions may require lifting, pushing, or moving and
delivering a product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper
signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies
on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Calls in when a customer does not receive their entire order
- Handles any customer complaints professionally
- Handles company equipment properly, follow written driver
safety rules, and performs a pre-trip inspection.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance
with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Sysco
policies and proceduresQUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High School or GED or equivalentExperience
- One year route delivery experience or applicable background
driving a tractor and trailer.
- Valid Commercial Driver's License - Class A
- Must be able to read and understand English.Skills
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by the
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory
control techniques and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing inter-department communications related to
routing, safety, and customer relations.
- Proven ability to communicate articulately and perform simple
arithmetic (Experience in handling money preferred)
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Managing Work
- Building Trust
- CommunicationPhysical Demands
- Frequent lifting of the product up to 50 lbs. during the shift,
infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pullingWork
- Must be able to work in confined spacesBENEFITS INFORMATION:For
information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Irving , Driver, Back Haul - FP - US, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!