Lead Enterprise Architect
Posted on: May 12, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... As part of the PACT (platform,
architecture, cloud, and tools) organization is seeking an
Enterprise Architecture lead to join its Tech Architecture and
Governance team. The candidate will play an Enterprise Architect in
the Tech Arch and Governance function, responsible for leading
research and evaluations for solutions and tools across the Verizon
- Responsible for technology selection, assessment, technical
evaluation of architecture alternatives and recommending solutions
that are simple, scalable and sustainable and above all secure.
They will ensure the solution aligns with other Verizon units
creating a transparent user experience.
- Able to design and develop a reference implementation for an
enterprise scale architecture to prove concepts and architectural
patterns, run POCs and provide success criteria, and assist
development teams across multiple organizations with architectural
solutions and best practices.
- Driving solution development through requirements
gathering/analysis/discovery, business plan creation, and solution
level of effort estimation to ensure that client interests are met
and potential business opportunities are established. Drive to push
for on time and on budget development activity and migration of
- Responsible for overall Architecture and evolution of next gen
platforms. Candidates will research the existing application
footprint and recommend solutions to run application workloads with
futuristic Architecture. Ability to think out of the box and
research solutions that will work for Verizon customers and
- Coaching and mentoring of development teams, conducting
brown-bags and implementing Proof of Concepts.This hybrid role will
have a defined work location that includes work from home and
assigned office days as set by the manager.What we're looking
for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of key Architecture principles and guidelines
- Experience with the following: Microservices architectures,
Cloud-Native architectures, Event-driven architectures, APIs,
Domain-Driven Design, Public Cloud (AWS), Serverless, Kubernetes,
Docker, DevOps, building scalable, reliable, available solutions,
and/or performance testing.
- Experience in collaborating and partnering with other technical
domain experts such as cloud, security, SRE, and DevOps.Even better
if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's Degree.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience withSolutions and/or Technology Architecture.
- Experience with Technical Product Management with technically
managing onshore and offshore developers.
- Experience with SAFe, Scrum, and/or Agile methodologies.
- Experience leading software developers/architects
- Experiencebuilding and managing a technology product.
- Experience leading engineers and/or developers in building
- Ability to create Architectural diagrams, system and process
flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams,
internal and infrastructure system dependencies within the
functional domain and across them.
- Integrations and development experience: data Ingestion
andintegrations with REST API, JSON, XML, SMTP, SaaS-based
solutions (New Relic, Cloud), AI/ML, SPLUNK, MySQL, SQL Query,
Jenkins, Ansible, Apigee, and visualization tooling.
- Partner with domain architecture and delivery teams to
deep-dive into reported implementation issues for root cause
analysis to determine architecture impact and required changes to
address/resolve the issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation concerning IT's technical
- Knowledge of the telecom industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.If Verizon and
this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even
if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed
above.#VZITEqual Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an equal
opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences,
including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At
Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed
to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages
authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for
everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their
potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn
more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Lead Enterprise Architect, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!