Senior Business Analyst - WMS
Posted on: May 13, 2022
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Senior Business Analyst with significant experience in Warehouse
Management is responsible for delivering critical business
functions for the DC operations team. This position will be a
member of the IT Applications and BI team and report to the Sr
Director of Applications and BI. FleetPride seeks an experienced IT
professional who lives for best-in-class IT solutions and is ready
for a rewarding career in a collaborative environment.
Additional duties will include documenting business requirements
and processes, resolving production issues, application
configuration, and other duties as assigned for administration and
management of the Digital systems.
This person will be responsible for ensuring the adherence of
professionalism and expansion of all activities done. This person
will co-partner with the Sr Director of IT Applications & BI to
provide oversight over Warehouse management projects/teams (onsite
and Offshore) and help in tracking the project deliverables. The
ideal candidate will be able to lead every stage of an assigned
project from requirements gathering, data analysis, integration and
preparation, visualization, to presentation.
- Be a subject matter expert on WMS to inform and drive forward
strategic and process improvement initiatives
- Develop and execute on plans for critical projects including
requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, and business
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams to achieve their
objectives and resolve or escalate issues around warehouse
- Set expectations with partners including business and IT around
timing of all new business demands
- Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating
with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior
management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects;
managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding
self and team accountable for results
- Regularly partner with developers on systemic enhancements and
changes (WMS and downstream applications)
- Deliver on change management strategies; support activities
that transform Warehouse processes.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements
- Document business requirements, scope matrix, agile stories,
and use cases
- Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or
gather business requirements needed for system modifications,
enhancement, and implementations
- Define test cases and develop and execute test plans
- Coordinate QA and User Acceptance Testing.
- Define application behaviors, specifications, and business
- Own and develop relationships with stakeholders, to optimize
and enhance our solutions
- Perform quality assurance on feature requirements and
- Act on behalf of business partners to provide User Acceptance
Testing review and sign-off
- Help design, document, and maintain system processes and
- Define internal and external reporting requirements
- Report on technical issues or questions and make
recommendations to engineering leads
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring,
metrics, and deliver better value to our customers
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and
- Analyzes production issues to determine problem source and
- Respond to and complete Help Desk Tickets in a timely and
- Self-train and self-educate to better support the technology
FLEETPRIDE uses to support operations locally and at the branches.
Assist or train others on the systems and features.
- Makes pragmatic recommendations on system and process
- Ensures configurations, system features, and system
documentation are appropriately documented.
- Establish and maintain a thorough knowledge of the organization
and technology standards.
- Responsible for communicating, promoting, and adhering to IT
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, service-oriented, and
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and
procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential
actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Understanding the implication of new information for both
current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Able to motivate themselves and a team to work together in the
most efficient manner.
- Able to perform effectively with supervision, either
independently or as a team member.
- Comprehensive knowledge of supported applications.
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of information and
- Must be available and willing to work such weekends and
holidays as we determine are necessary or desirable to meet
- Will be required to carry a cell phone at all times and
expected to respond to urgent calls in a timely manner. This may
require remote or occasional on-site support.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, service-oriented, and
- Strong customer service and presentation skills.
- Candidates should be flexible/willing to work across this
delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile
Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Able to execute other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as
required to file documents or store materials throughout the
- Long periods of time spent sitting or standing while working
with a computer.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds (files, computer
printouts on occasion)
- The ability to work through stressful situations with either a
co-worker or a customer
- May require overtime, weekend work, and overnight travel.
- Much of the work shift is spent viewing a computer monitor and
using a keyboard while entering problem description details into a
case management system.
The primary environment is characterized by ambient room
temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment found in a
typical office environment.
A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, or Management
Information Systems or Industrial Engineering. Consideration will
be given to an equivalent combination of related education and
required work experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years of related work experience.
- 4 to 6 years of experience implementing Warehouse Management
- 4+ years of experience in BY WMS solutions is preferable
- 2+ years of experience in guiding/leading teams on medium or
large scale projects
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and
implementation of software solutions that support business
- Experience with implementation of WMS system integrations with
- Strong software systems design skills and familiarity with the
current industry best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with both waterfall and agile project
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Energetic, team player, and proactive problem solver with great
attention to detail.
- Ability to create meeting presentations that are clear and easy
- Able to document meeting minutes accurately and effectively in
an efficient manner to allow meeting members to review in a
reasonable timeframe once a meeting has occurred
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-changing environment and
work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong
analytical and problem-solving skills.
FLEETPRIDE is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail,
service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Irving , Senior Business Analyst - WMS, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!