Business Systems Analyst
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Summary:This position participates throughout all phases of the
project life cycle for Revenue Cycle, Finance and Human Resources
service lines throughout CHRISTUS Health. Project life cycle
responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing
to the feasibility, analysis, testing, documentation and
implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned
software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare
information systems (HCIS) knowledge and systems expertise to
implement medium to high complex assignments with minimal guidance.
The Business Analyst may participate in leading small projects.
This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with
- Application Expertise - Detailed knowledge of assigned
applications related to Business, Finance, Revenue Cycle and Human
Resources service lines.
- Planning - Manage tasks associated with business analysis and
the project management lifecycle.
- Project Implementation - Participate as IT Analyst subject
matter expert in Executing phase of the Project Management Life
- Stakeholder Analysis - Identify the stakeholders who will be
impacted by the change and understand their influence and authority
- Risk Assessment - Utilize methods to identify risk,
probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Meeting Facilitation - Manage meetings, and requirements
workshop planning and management.
- Feasibility Analysis - Utilize techniques to gather information
at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the
stakeholder's needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to
an understanding of the business need.
- Requirements - Understand and effectively communicate the
requirements change process, and traceability
- System Optimization - Identify current capabilities and
identify opportunities for improvement.
- Business Process Analysis- Utilize various modeling techniques
such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling.
- Interface Analysis - Understand technology infrastructure and
how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business
- Requirements Writing - Develop use cases, activity diagrams,
sequence diagrams and state charts, data dictionaries, class or
entity relationship diagrams.
- Release Management - Ensure all stages of the project life
cycle are completed for all technology projects and that support
staff is fully trained prior to release into production
- System Usability - Understand and know how a user interface
helps the user to successfully complete a task, also known as
- Test Management - Leads test activities for all assigned
applications during the project implementation phases of the life
cycle. Ensures that the application meets outlined requirements,
responds correctly to inputs, performs desired functions, is
sufficiently usable, and achieves stakeholder results.
- Communication - Demonstrate strong communication and human
- Customer Service - Provide effective customer service by being
courteous, polite and friendly at all times. Acknowledge customers
timely in order to determine their need and help the customer
resolve the issue or request. Participate in departmental programs
that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Training - Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing
formal or informal training session for users and
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and
- Ability to use creativity and critical thinking to innovate and
solve complex problem
- Ability to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks, with a high
degree of efficiency and organization
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment, and the
ability to be able to adapt to unexpected obstacles and
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, methods and processes to
continue to improve analytical output
- High level of intellectual curiosity - ability to ask the right
questions to get a good understanding of the problem.
- Ability to articulate technical information into a meaningful
message that clearly explains issue, impact, and resolution.
- Ability to work independently to solve complex problems as well
as seek out answers with minimal information.
- Five years of IT Business Analysts experience with business
process reengineering background
- Experience writing and gathering business and functional
- Experience creating process workflows
- Experience creating and executing test cases and defect
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) preferred.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) preferredWork Type:Full
Req. No54124Job TitleBusiness Systems AnalystMarketCHRISTUS System
OfficeCategoryInformation TechnologyFacilityCHRISTUS Corp Irving
Offices 919 and 909 BuildingsAddress919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A MapView Other LocationsTypeFULL TIME
Keywords: Christus Health, Irving , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!