Company: Axelon Services Corporation
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Global Financial Firm located in IRVING, TX has an immediate
contract opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst.
"This role is currently on a Hybrid Schedule.
You will need to have reliable internet, computer and android or
iphone for remote access into the client systems during remote
We will be expected in the office weekly 1-3 days depending on the
Video/ f2f interviews are required prior to all offers.
This role involves authoring and producing reports using Cognos
platform in the Chief Information Security Office (CISO).
The summary of skills needed for this role:
" Authoring of Cognos reports is a must-have skill. The
" Data analysis and manipulation and data design skills are a
" MS Office skills (Excel and Access) are a must be able to code in
" Cognos Analytics development is a huge plus
" Good communication and organization skills are highly prized in
This role has the following key responsibilities:
1) Perform data analysis using Excel and Access and proficient
knowledge of SQL
2) Developing complex Cognos reports
3) Developing Cognos Analytics dashboards
4) Report production: Produce monthly and periodic reports on
designated Information Security (IS) programs and on any assigned
topics. Work with the IS program owners, gather IS risk data from
them, process the data as needed and produce IS reports and
metrics. Maintain the reports as needed. Analyst needs to have a
keen eye for the numbers, be able to self-QC his /her own reports
and data, be able to present the data in clear and concise way.
5) Work on CISO Metrics related projects: Work on assigned projects
which generally involve the above four areas.
1) Undergraduate degree required; Masters in Data Sciences / Cyber
2) Industry Info Security certifications are a plus.
3) Proficiency in Cognos report authoring is a must.
4) Minimum 10 years working in Reporting and Analytics in
5) Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
to senior management and business users
6) Customer-oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic.
7) Analytical problem solving skills
8) Be able to present materials in a format that facilitates senior
management decision making.
9) Adept at multitasking and time management with the ability to
remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
Required technical skills:
1. Design templates on Cognos platform
2. Be proficient in creating, modifying and generating reports
3. Understand the concepts of ETL (extraction, transform, and
4. Must be able to produce precise and well-crafted reports,
familiarity with SQL, and databases
5. Understand general Information Security and understand Info Sec
metrics in particular
6. Should be able to work independently and also in a team
7. Be able to multi-task
8. Be able to pay attention to details
9. Be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, and Word
10. Have a working understanding of databases, tables, and data
11. Have good presentation skills and produce precise and
12. Be able to automate one's tasks for expediency
Required analytical skills:
a. Be able to work with structured and unstructured data and be
able to answer questions about the data
b. Be able to analyze and present the data from different
c. Be able to put Excel and Access to use in the analysis
d. be able to construct queries and manipulate the data when
e. Must be able to perform simple macro writing and VBA
Required soft skills:
a. Crisp and clear written communication style
b. Crisp and clear verbal communication skills
c. Be able to work in collaborative and team environment
d. Be able to work effectively with colleagues working in other
e. Have influencing skills to get things done smoothly
f. Must have a sense of ownership and commitment to produce the
best quality work
g. Possess high degree of organizational skills
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Keywords: Axelon Services Corporation, Irving , Data Analyst, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!