Company: Christman Facility Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Position SummaryThe Electrical Tradesman will be working under
the direct supervision of a licensed Electrician Journeyman or
Foreman. This position will help in the installations, alterations,
additions and / or repair of electrical systems, conductors and
associated materials and equipment within the commercial electrical
industry.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Personal hand tools and tool belt/pouch (refer to the mandatory
- Employees must have dependable transportation
- Each new employee must be oriented in Christman Handbook and on
Christman safety policies and procedures.
- All electrical employees will be required to attend First
Aid/CPR with AED training as provided by Christman Company.
- Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct
supervision of Foreman Electrician.
- Assist in the teaching/training of apprentice electricians on
- Demonstrate safe work habits and proper use and care of tools
- Work with crew on wire pulls.
- Perform installation and wiring of receptacle and switching
- Keep all material, tools and equipment in an orderly fashion
and keep the work area clean at all times.
- Assist Lead Electrician Journeyman or Foreman to keep track of
what material has been used and what needs to be ordered.
- Must complete annual 4 hour continuing education class required
by the State for license renewals.
- Perform other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner. Please note this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.Work
EnvironmentThe work environment could include regular exposure to
fumes or odors, temperature extremes, or loud noises which may
cause noticeable discomfort and moderate hazards which can be
mitigated. The job requires they wear protective equipment when on
the construction site (hardhats and safety glasses). Temperatures
and conditions may vary depending on the weather and seasons.
Physical DemandsContinuous physical exertion is required, such as
walking/pushing/climbing and lifting material or equipment of heavy
weight (> 50 lbs.) Employee must be able to perform work at
various heights, up to 90' from ladders, scaffold, aerial lifts,
catwalks and other safe work areas. Expected Hours of Work Full
time, at least 40 hours a week. May work nights and weekends,
construction may, at times, continue around the clock to meet
deadlines. Travel Must have reliable transportation. Travel to and
from the construction site is required. Long distance travel can be
required which may include overnight stays depending on the
project.Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4+) or more years of relevant work experience or proven
established work history for the position.State Apprentice
Electrical LicenseAdditional Eligibility Qualifications Work
requires a current driver's license. The knowledge and
understanding to help layout and install boxes, raceways, straps
and wire to complete wall rough and ceiling rough in. Knowledgeable
of how to size conduit and wire The ability to read, write and
communicate effectively. Comprehend and practice all applicable
safe work policies and procedures including OSHA standards for
LO/TO. Able to work on step ladders of various sizes. Must be
capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or power
equipment. Able to operate two (2) handed tools/equipment: cable
cutters, hammer drills, benders and etc.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Christman Facility Solutions, Irving , Electrical Tradesman, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!