Cytopreparatory Technician II
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Cytopreparatory Technician II - Irving, TX - Tuesday to
SaturdayUnder general supervision, position is proficient in all of
the functions required of the Cytopreparatory Technician I. They
are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and
reporting to the Cytology Prep Team Leader/Supervisor and/or
- All job accountabilities and duties required of the
Cytopreparatory Technician I.
- Accessions and processes Gyn specimens for microscopic
evaluation. This includes assigning accession numbers, Thin Prep
Processing, running the stainers, changing reagents, and
- Responsible for assuring that all inventories are complete and
appropriate supplies are ordered.
- Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies
and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep Lab.
- Responsible for the completion of all quality control, safety,
and preventative maintenance logs on a daily basis.
- Trains new Cyto Prep techs in proper Cytopreparation techniques
and accessioning procedures.
- Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
- Minimal Problem-solving.
- Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all
processes of the department.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments, colleagues,
and clients in problem-solving.
- Able to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing
and staining of specimens.
- Data entry skills.
- Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain
calm in difficult situations.
- All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Required Work
Experience: N/APreferred Work Experience:
- 2 years of Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
- Anatomic Pathology experience is desirable but not required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of
specimens and supplies.
- Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and
reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a chemical environment.
- Risk of exposure to infectious materials and the possibility of
injury due to chemicals. Knowledge: N/ASkills: N/AEDUCATION High
School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)LICENSECERTIFICATIONS Current
state licensure, if applicable(Required)4
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Irving , Cytopreparatory Technician II, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!