Company: Sleep Number
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven
culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society
through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our
customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your
personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we
are looking for team members who will bring their unique
personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are
entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a
place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million
lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members
nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to
manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians,
corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation
leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us
as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation.
Sleep Number Field Services Technicians deliver an exceptional
customer experience in every interaction with our customers. Our
Technicians bring the Sleep Number Smart Bed experience to life in
the home for our customers. These team members focus on the
customer interaction and experience while providing delivery, setup
and education of our products. In addition to delivery, assembly
and demonstration of our products, our Field Services Technicians
will visit existing customers to provide warranty services and
conduct trouble shooting. We take pride in our products and are
passionate about how they improve our customers' lives.
- Conducts installation and service visits for customers;
delivering, relocating, assembling, and repairing products to
specifications with an expectation to personify Sleep Number's
customer experience standards.
- Presents and educates on Sleep Number products and services in
a manner that bolsters confidence in the customer's purchase.
- Provides outstanding in-home customer experience. As the last
customer point of contact you will build and solidify the
customer's life-long relationship with Sleep Number.
- Operates a company vehicle, meeting all safety and DOT
- Performs daily tasks including processing returns,
loading/unloading product, customer calls and ensuring that all
daily schedules and work assignments are properly completed.
- Ensures that all work is conducted in an efficient, quality,
and professional manner.
- Communicates efficiently through verbal, written and electronic
communication methods with customers, co-workers, and
- Advocates and models Sleep Number's mission, vision and
- Align with all safety rules, regulations, and training.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business
needs. Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Previous furniture/appliance delivery or technology
installation experience preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license (commercial motor vehicle
requirement, ability to drive commercial motor vehicle with gross
weight of 15,001 pounds or more - CDL not required) and maintain a
clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal record check, DOT Physical, and drug
- Ability to lift and carry up to 200 lbs. with help of a lifting
- Knowledge in smartphone technology and knowledge or ability to
learn how home networks and connected devices work in a customer's
- Comfortable working autonomously with direct leadership often
remote, using email for the bulk of the communication to peers and
- Active listening skills and strong interpersonal communication
skills, capability to demonstrate strong problem-solving
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a variety of traffic
and weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, evening
and holiday hour. Working Conditions
- Able to work in an environment conducive to changes in
temperatures, both indoor and outdoor. Compensation
- Bonus plan with monthly payout opportunity Wellbeing
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that
permeates our company and through our team members. We are
dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team
members and their families through benefits, programs, and
resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional,
financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay
programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive
benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy
benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k)
Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
- Sleep - Our 360 smart bed for team members, and discounts on
our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and
family throughout the year.
- Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services
through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
- Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving
support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional
wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select
- Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability
to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial
support to recover from an illness or injury.
- Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to
our communities t hrough our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
- Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous
learning, including a tuition reimbursement program. Safety
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and
team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place
consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor's
Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit
discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex
(including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender
status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin
or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability,
genetic information (including testing and characteristics),
veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number's policy to provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities during the application
process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting
medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible
by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a
reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process,
including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to
access open roles here.
Keywords: Sleep Number, Irving , Field Technician, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!