Foreign Exchange - Application Support Senior Analyst (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million
customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and
jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations,
governments and institutions with a broad range of financial
products and services, including consumer banking and credit,
corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction
services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve
their strategic financial objectives by providing them with
cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and
unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
A critical enabler of Citi's mission to enable growth and economic
progress is technology. Our teams are creating innovations used
across the globe - we're changing the way people bank and how the
world does business.
Why Citi? Join a Global Bank that believes in its talent
Due to significant and continued investment, Citi's technology team
is growing. We're looking for talented, driven individuals to help
build the future of global banking. At Citi, you'll have the chance
to build the career you want, with the scale, inclusive culture and
technology to support you.
You'll be joining a diverse team of professionals across the world
in an environment focused on growth and progress. This is the
opportunity to take your career to the next level through the power
of Citi's unmatched globality and vast expertise.
About the Team: ICG Production Management
Our Production Management team provides critical business and
technical support to the Institutional Client Group (ICG); working
collaboratively to ensure that our platforms and services operate
for our clients, whenever they need them. We act as highly skilled
and valued partners to our businesses.
Working as part of our Production Management team, you will help
deliver a world class client service and experience, by applying
engineering, innovation, learning and risk management across our
systems and user environments. We interact with a diverse range of
people each day, collaborating to solve problems as well as to
anticipate and remove them before they occur. At Citi we look to
raise the bar of operational excellence by using Site Reliability
Engineering (SRE) principles to implement continuous improvement
across key areas like latency, availability, performance, and
capacity. We welcome candidates with SRE mindsets and experience
who are keen to promote the adoption of SRE culture at Citi.
Citi's distinct global network of people, data and relationships
creates a mindset that allows us to identify opportunities, manage
risks and connect dots for our clients in ways that others cannot.
Our people really do make all the difference in our success. We're
a forward-thinking team. We're looking for ambitious, capable
professionals who thrive on collaboration and want to improve how
things are done. In return, we offer rewarding work in a supportive
environment, clear opportunities for progression and exciting
As an eFX Application Support Senior Analyst you will play an
pivotal role in running and maintaining the production environment
for Citi's franchise critical applications, enabling our traders to
confidently service our clients.
Additionally you will play an active role in driving stability and
service improvements, developing application knowledge and working
with senior business partners across the globe. This will include
partnering with our Application Technology Development teams,
Infrastructure teams and Business Product Owners.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for a successful
candidate to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills, as
well as the ability to develop a thorough understanding of Foreign
Exchange (FX) . You will gain significant experience of the
advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and
globally, giving you vast exposure to new and existing
methodologies and systems.
There will be multiple opportunities for exposure to our firmwide
technology network and potential to develop into a role in one of
our many growing technology functions throughout Citi. If you can
demonstrate an appetite to learn technical concepts, have strong
problem solving skills and an ability to build excellent working
relationships then we want to hear from you!
- The Application Support Senior Analyst provides technical and
business support for users of FX Trade Capture Applications. This
includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving
stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and
the business succeed.
- Maintains application systems that have completed the
development stage and are running in the daily operations of the
- Manages, maintains and supports applications and their
operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and
functionality against service level expectations.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional
- Perform same day risk reconciliations
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Identifies ways to maximize the potential of the applications
- Assess risk and impact of production issues and escalate to
business and technology management in a timely manner.
- Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are in place and
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex
application enhancements and problem resolution
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure
availability to users.
- Partners with appropriate development and production support
areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing
and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful
system design and functionality.
- Considers implications of the application of technology to the
current environment. Identifies risks, vulnerabilities and security
issues; communicates impact.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define
operating standards and processes.
- Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal
technology groups and vendors.
- Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology
and business teams, while adhering to Service Level
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual
information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work
provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related
- Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy
skills to exchange complex information.
- Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items,
covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency. Qualifications:
- 5-8 years experience in an Application Support role.
- Experience installing, configuring or supporting business
- Experience with some programming languages and
willingness/ability to learn.
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL. (Able to build ad hoc SQL
- Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/Linux). (Able to navigate
the system and know the core administration functions)
- Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets
- Experience with Messaging Technologies (IBM MQ, SOLACE, TIBCO
EMS a plus)
- Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS
Geneos, SPLUNK and App Dynamics.
- Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly
to changes and re-prioritization
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability
to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Issue tracking and reporting using tools
- Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
- Good all-round technical skills
- Effectively share information with other support team members
and with other technology teams
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholde
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience -
Job Family Group:
. click apply for full job details
Keywords: Citi, Irving , Foreign Exchange - Application Support Senior Analyst (Hybrid), Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!