Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Sterile Processing
Technician for a job in Irving, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Sterile Processing Technician
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours
- Employment Type: Staff
JOB SUMMARYThe Sterile Processing Technician 2 performs a variety
of duties associated with cleaning, sterilization, processing,
organizing and distributing patient equipment, instruments,
supplies and products used in the care and treatment of patients.
May serve as a resource to Sterile Processing Technician 1
staff.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares rooms and organizes instruments, equipment, treatment
trays and supplies for specified departments.
- Cleans and decontaminates instruments, containers and patient
equipment using detergents and disinfectant solutions under
regulatory standards and internal policies and procedures. Operates
semi automatic and automatic sterilization equipment and
- Inventories, orders, replenishes and distributes instruments,
reusable medical equipment and medical supplies for general
supplies and surgical carts.
- Maintains and controls inventory. Maintains applicable records
- Ensures compliance with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.
- Joins in providing in service training.
- Serves as a resource and helps in training and mentoring level
1 Sterile Processing staff.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of equipment and instrument sterilization methods and
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Relational and communications skills with ability to interact
effectively with patients and staff.
- Ability to comply with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.BENEFITS
- Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based on
position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -Cer Board Sterile Prcng &
Dist (CBSPD), Cert Reg Central Service Tech (CRCST), Cert Sterile
Proc/Distr Tech (CSPDT), Cert Surgical Technologist (CST): Must
have one of the following:
- Certified Board Sterile Processing & Dist (CBSPD), or
- Certified Reg Central Service Tech (CRCST), or
- Certified Sterile Proc/Distr Tech (CSPDT)
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
Recruiter: Rovell PaulBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23016847.
Posted job title: Sterile Processing TechAbout Baylor Scott & White
HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in the state of
Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and well-being of
every individual, family and community it serves. It is committed
to making quality care more accessible, convenient and affordable
through its integrated delivery network, which includes the Baylor
Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research Institute,
the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its leading digital
health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals and more than
1,100 access points, including flagship academic medical centers in
Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers the full continuum
of care, from primary to award-winning specialty care. Founded as a
Christian ministry of healing more than a century ago, Baylor Scott
& White today serves more than three million Texans.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Irving , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!