Inventory Planning Consultant
Posted on: May 18, 2019
What you'll be doing...
The Inventory Planning Consultant will be responsible for the
planning and purchasing of Network equipment. You will need to
ensure that adequate inventory is maintained in order to support
network deployments across VZW, VZB, and VZT.
- Identify optimal managed product mix and appropriate program
- Fill 95% service level of on-time deliveries.
- Uses demand data to establish internal stocking levels to meet
customer and network needs.
- Create and manage optimal reorder points to maintain targeted
days of supply.
- In support of appropriate stocking, works with demand planning
to obtain forecasts and reviews historical trending to ascertain
past utilization trends to compare with current forecasting for
future usage planning.
- Develops purchasing plan with suppliers based on key inputs
from demand planning and engineering.
- Tracks vendor performance and equipment delivery intervals and
- Manages End-of-Life / Discontinuance activities, including
inventory obsolescence and working with engineering to assign
- Provides input and expertise on new product launches as defined
by engineering; determining ability to provide stock and vendor
ability to deliver by launch dates.
- Minimizes inventory levels to values set by management.
Investigates opportunities to utilize excess equipment to reduce
overall inventory values and CAPEX spend.
- Prepares monthly metrics reporting to include vendor
performance and KPI's that are not limited to include the
timeliness of install orders fulfilled and differentiating between
items that do/do not have set minimum/maximum levels.
- Prepares quarterly item analysis and proposes recommendations
for engineering review and quarterly reviews with external
- Identifies opportunities for strategic buys and works with
Sourcing and Procurement to implement for strategic cost savings
and planning. Evaluates vendor proposals (from a Demand/Supply
Perspective) and participate in contract negotiations as
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor'sdegree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing multiple vendor programs
- Supply and Demand Planning Experience.
- Program Management experience.
- Proven experience with direct or influential authority of cross
functional teams, processes and levels of management.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors' degree in Supply Chain.
- Two or more years of equipment life cycle planning
- Four or more years of Supply/Demand planning experience.
- Four or more years of Supply Chain experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Excel and
- Ability to prioritize effectively with multiple clients and
projects, tight deadlines and take actions using self-directed
- Experience with procurement systems and processes within vSAP,
nSAP, Peoplesoft and Baxter Prophet.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Inventory Planning Consultant, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!