Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting,
rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent
protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you
make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here,
youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways
you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a
company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using
and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Information Analyst provides enterprise, product, and
project-level technical and business analysis support that produces
consistent, accurate, and complete information requirements. The
information analyst is challenged with supporting and enhancing the
analytic and reporting lifecycle throughout the enterprise. In
support of the analytic and reporting lifecycle, this position will
create data definitions that follow established standards and
guidelines, develop and manage the logical and physical views of
data that are consistent with the business objectives, and provide
consulting on new developments within the business intelligence
The Information Analyst provides a high level of expertise in a
focused area of the business. They will work independently on
projects of all degrees of complexity, supporting multiple business
units to advance their use of data and analytics. Through
independent analysis and guided design, the role defines, develops,
and implements data and business intelligence solutions for
assigned business areas.Key Responsibilities
- Provides business knowledge and support for resolving
technology issues across one or more areas of the business and
across multiple projects for Allstates Information Services Group
- Analyzes and translates business, data, functional, and user
requirements and/or business rules into analytic and reporting
requirements, data models and metadata deliverables by leading and
guiding discussions internally with the project team and externally
with business and technology partners.
- Plans, develops and leads information gathering sessions.
- Constructs and executes complex SQL queries and reviews data
profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains
of data under analysis.
- Performs complex data analysis utilizing multiple techniques to
determine, document and communicate existing and potential future
data relationships, profiles and quality levels; uncover anomalies
and variances in data content from expected results.
- Updates and maintains all logical (conceptual, relational,
subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata
deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality for a
specific business subject area.
- Plans, develops and facilitates inspection sessions to validate
that modeled data and related metadata deliverables match and
satisfy business data requirements.
- Conducts reviews of physical data model and related technical
detail with database administrators and technical developers as
part of a single project's development life cycle.
- Understands, applies, teaches others and drive improvements in
the use of corporate metadata development tools and processes.
- Leads the initiation of new projects through estimation and
planning in coordination with other ISG teams and other key
- Develops and keeps current an approach to data management.
- Applies knowledge of tools and processes to drive data
- Creates complex technical requirements through analyzing
business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, management information
systems, or related field, or a combination of related experience
- Prior experience in modeling relational databases.
- Must have a strong capability to deal with highly ambiguous
problems. This is demonstrated through step-by-step and methodical
approach to scoping, understanding, and exploration to the right
- General knowledge of relational database & data
- Working experience building complex SQL queries.
- Experience with ErWin or other data modeling tools.
- Strong communication to convey data in a concise and
- Strong ability to visualize complexity as a method of
collaboration, and share with team members. This skill is used as a
collaboration mechanism to collect more points-of-view in the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Less than 10%; flexibility may be required to meet business
- Previous experience as Information Analyst or Business Analyst
in a highly technical role.
- Prior experience in modeling Master Data Management (MDM)
- Hands on experience with dimensional modeling.
- Experience with an object oriented programming language,
preferably Java or Python.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Working experience with Agile Scrum delivery methodology.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a
competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards
package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and
dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus,
youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance
your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for
employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA)
1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a
discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a
prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by
refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a
veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the
Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information
regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information
regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals
available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken
on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability,
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical
condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race,
religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation
that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of
employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the
employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring,
training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment,
benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Keywords: Allstate Insurance Company, Irving , Information Analyst, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!