Senior Incident Handler
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing...
Incident Handler for Verizon Threat Management Center:
As a member of Verizon's Threat Management Center Incident Response
Team (TMC - IRT), the incident handler will coordinate the response
activities for cyber security incidents across the Global company
environment. The successful candidate will focus on reviewing,
triaging, analyzing, and remediating cyber security incidents. The
Incident Handler is the escalation point for Threat Monitoring
analysts, and as such, will handle validated cyber security
incidents, in accordance with the cyber security incident response
process. The successful candidate will perform functions such as
log analysis, conduct in-depth technical analysis of network
traffic and endpoint systems, enrich data using multiple sources,
and will be responsible for rapid handling and mitigation of cyber
The candidate will join a team of event analysts and incident
responders, and will have an opportunity to participate in a number
of Global cyber security initiatives. Successful candidates should
be familiar with incident response processes, network investigative
techniques, network intrusion patterns, malware analysis, and cyber
security trends and issues. Sr. Incident Response handlers are
considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise
others, and will drive the operational and strategic growth of the
- Acts as Incident Commander for high impact cyber breaches and
advanced attacks in accordance with Cyber Kill Chain methodology
and incident response process.
- Understand Incident Response processes and participate in
analysis, containment, and eradication of cyber security events and
- Conducts malware analysis and identification of Indicators of
Compromise (IOCs) to evaluate incident scope and associated
- Utilize analytic experience to address cyber-attacks and
mitigate indicators and correlations to identify attribution and
potential threat and impact to Verizon.
- Enhance workflow and processes driving incident response and
- Executes the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat
remediation and identify strategic countermeasures improving future
- Expert leverage of Forensics techniques, tools, and
capabilities to support Cyber Incident Response activities.
- Perform analysis of logs from various security controls,
including, but not limited to, firewall, proxy, host intrusion
prevention systems, endpoint security, and application and system
logs, to identify possible threats to network security.
- Provide leadership and guidance to advance the defensive
capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its
subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise.
- Writes technical articles for knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with Threat Monitoring event handlers and to
improve prevention and detection methods.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working Incident Response processes network
investigative techniques, network intrusion patterns, malware
analysis, and/or cyber security trends.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience executing various Incident Response Frameworks and
- Experience with malware reverse engineering.
- Experience in Cyber Intelligence or in related
- Previous experience with Cyber Kill Chain and diamond model
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP,
DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security
- Understanding Operating Systems and their architectures:
Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems.
- Leadership and mentoring skills to help advance the overall
capabilities of the TMC organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills along
with the ability to work in a highly collaborative
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable
success across multiple partners.
- Manages multiple priorities in a high pressure
- Related Certification (Security+, CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE,
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Irving , Senior Incident Handler, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!