Director, Global Logistics
Posted on: September 13, 2019
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what youre
searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserves position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
Responsible for the overall leadership of the Global Logistics
function; both from a strategic and operational perspective. Direct
the logistics activities as they relate to both inbound and
outbound shipments. Interact and build relationships with various
groups and proactively support them with their logistics needs, to
continuously improve the logistics competitive position and service
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and execute an integrated strategy and action plan for
leveraging & optimizing transportation to improve cost and drive
service efficiencies annually.
- Plan, direct, and monitor the transport activities so that the
organizations goods and materials are transported safely,
compliantly, and cost-effectively; arriving at their destination on
time and in good condition.
- Own the overall Logistics transformation plan; including
responsibility for ensuring the function constantly evolves and
raises the bar on logistics management.
- Direct the management of all global logistics services,
outsourced freight invoice audit and payment services, IT services
- Develop long term transportation strategies that are linked
into corporate and divisional strategy.
- Direct the evaluation, selection, negotiation and relationships
with transport suppliers to minimize costs, achieve more favorable
terms, and ensure satisfactory standards of service.
- Corporate Subject Matter Expert in global logistics and export
/ import compliance; including serve as key information source for
market industry information
- Liaison with senior and executive leadership
- Direct the Management of the Logistics Councils in all
- Drive Flowserve Logistics department to becoming Best in
- Direct the development, implementation and improvement of Key
Performance Indicators on a global basis.
- Utilize long-term Carrier relationships in support of global
- Director responsibilities include organization accountability
for staffing decisions, mentoring and developing others, coaching,
resource assignments to projects, and so on to ensure success of
the organization and functional area.
- Communicate value of our policy, procedures and supply base to
our stakeholders to drive compliance.
- Develop, and manage within, annual department budget.
- Own and maintain all policies and procedures pertinent to the
logistics and transport process.
- Drive the pursuit of leading edge systems and processes in
relation to the logistics function and continually strive to
deliver new standards of excellence.
- Functional responsibility for the performance of the site
logistics teams and traffic analysts.
- Develop and deliver a strategy and annual operating plan (AOP)
for the global logistics function.
- Deliver on the annual Total Cost Savings plan.
- Deliver year over year improvement of carrier performance
- Develop, maintain and drive improvement in the global
compliance to all logistics related policies and procedures
- Continually develop the global logistics function in terms of
performance, systems, processes and people.
- Development of a strong cross-functional relationship between
global logistics and site supply chain teams/other functions to
enhance logistics knowledge and improve efficiencies across the
BA Degree preferred or equivalent work
experience10+ years in Supply Chain with emphasis onlogistics and
Management experience 7+ years.
Strong knowledge of Courier, Air freight, Ocean
Freight, LTL and Truckload.
Logistics market intimacy and business acumen.
Working knowledge of customs.
Demonstration of enterprise mindset.
Outstanding communication skills.
Strong cultural awareness.
Strong negotiation skills.
Project Management and Implementation skills.
Ability to mitigate company risk.
Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
Customer and quality focused with effective
analytical and critical thinking skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability
to interact and build collaborative relationships.
Demonstrated ability to effectively engage,
communicate and manage logistics functions dependent on high degree
service in a global supply chain utilizing cross functional teams
third-party logistics providers.
Recognition as a logistics subject-matter
Membership and board participation in Logistics
and community organizations.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Director, Global Logistics
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 40%
Primary Posting Location: Irving, Texas US
Job Posting Category: Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 47260BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a
reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve, Irving , Director, Global Logistics, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!