Territory Sales Manager
Company: Champion Petfoods
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that
we are looking for a Territory Sales Representative, South to join
our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the
global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our
vision of being The Global Leader in Advancing Premium Food for
Pets. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth
and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued
success by working in our award-winning company - we would love to
hear from you.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager South, USA, the Territory
Sales Representative, will cover TX, OK, AR, LA and is responsible
for representing Champion Petfoods, ORIJEN and ACANA brands, to
retail and distribution partners. Candidate to be based in the
Dallas - Ft. Worth area with extensive travel throughout the
assigned territory required. The Territory Sales Representative
builds partnership with retailers and distributors by understanding
and supporting their businesses and inspiring them with our Vison:
The Global Leader in Advancing Premium Foods for Pets, and our
Purpose to Earn Pet Lover Trust Every Day so Pets Thrive for a
Lifetime, as well as to build trust and uphold Champion's
- Work directly with retail partners in designated geographic
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with
distributor and retail partners.
- Generate brand awareness, increase sales, and boost customer
- Deliver inspired education and training to distributor sales
team, retail partners, and consumers.
- Advocate the companies Vision-Purpose-Values.
- Implement Champion's merchandising and branding standards.
- Work industry shows and weekend events that engage and educate
consumers on the ORIJEN and ACANA brands.
- Ride-a-long with Distributor Sales Representatives.
- Communicate field activity to the Regional Manager through
daily and weekly reporting.
- Work with the Regional Manager on scheduling, prioritizing and
- Be aware of competitor's offerings from both the consumer and
retailer point of view.
- Perform other duties, as required or assigned.
- Minimum three years pet industry sales experience with
expertise in product knowledge and customer insights.
- Post-secondary education, with a focus in Sales, Marketing, or
a related field.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base regarding product,
competitors, customers, and market activities.
- Mathematical abilities to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
volumes, etc., and to manage abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe
- CRM knowledge with aptitude for technology.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and as part
of a team.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, with ability to
conduct training and education seminars for small and large
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good listening skills with ability to work successfully in
- Flexibility to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Good driving record.
- Works out of a home-based office, with extensive travel;
travelling allowances are provided, as per company policy.
- Extended hours of work and weekend work, as necessary.
- Ability to conduct presentations and meetings.
Champion is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, or
any other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Champion Petfoods, Irving , Territory Sales Manager, Sales , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!