Relief Route Salesperson - Dallas/Ft. Worth
Company: Martin's Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Relief Route Salesperson - Dallas/Ft. Worth City Irving
State/Territory Texas Work Schedule M, T, Th-Sa Apply Now
Job Brief Be a brand ambassador of our famous roll and bread
products by joining our Sales team!!Come join our Team as a Relief
Route Salesperson! We started with pastries handmade by Lois and
Lloyd Martin produced inside of a garage and we have boomed into a
multi-facility company where our many products are produced by
machines and shipped domestically and internationally. Talk about a
rich history and exciting future! As an employer of choice we offer
physical, emotional, financial and professional benefits including
401K, disability insurance and paid holidays. As a member of the
Martins Family, the Relief Route Salesperson is responsible for
becoming the supplier/provider of choice by creating raving fans
and providing excellent customer service. The Route Salesperson is
a professional who acts as an ambassador for Martins, proudly
representing our legacy of cherished eating experiences, puts forth
continuous efforts to increase sales, and goes the extra mile to
provide service to excellent customers. As the front line of
Martins, improves communication channels, shares helpful knowledge
with teammates and openly gives and receives truthful feedback.
Summary: The relief route sales person is responsible for becoming
the supplier/provider of choice by creating raving fans and
providing excellent customer service. The relief route salesperson
is a professional who acts as an ambassador for Martins proudly
representing our legacy of cherished eating experiences, has
working knowledge of all routes within the assigned sales area,
puts forth continuous efforts to increase sales , and goes the
extra mile to provide excellent customer service . As the front
line of Martins improves communication channels, shares helpful
knowledge with teammates and openly gives and receives truthful
feedback. Essential Duties and Responsibilities : include the
following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes product to increase sales via shelf expansion,
in-store promotions, end displays, new customer introduction to
- Adheres to established route sales objectives when acting as
replace ment for the established route sales.
- Operates sales ordering system, prepares paper work and manages
cash accounts, accurately and effectively .
- Performs job safely by adhering to all company policies, and
federal and local safety regulation .
- Submits customer changes and orders timely and accurately.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales record
including customer signature .
- Merchandises product correctly according to product mix,
rotation cycle, and color code compliance and arranges neatly at
point of display .
- Calls on prospective cu stomers to solicit new business as
- Communicates and provides excellent customer service with store
management on a daily basis .
- Audits and reconciles cash at the end of shift .
- Introduces new products to regular customers as necessary
- Solicits customers for sales promotion displays , issues sales
promotion materials to customers and prepares approved sales
promotional displays .
- Listens to and resolves service complaints in a timely manner
and provides alternative solutions as needed.
- Collects and manages empty containers , rejected product , and
- Loads truck with daily orders and display cases and unload
returns, empty baskets, and damaged product from truck.
- Maintains cleanliness of route truck.
- Maintains scheduled service on route vehicles.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Manages time to meet customer demands, increase sales, and
provide proactive customer service .
- Remains flexible to adapt to change in the workplace, work
schedules and priorities to reach sales goals.
- Adheres to safety, food safety, and Good Manufacturing
Practices regulations. Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred ; or
- O ne to three months related experience and/or training;
- E quivalent combination of education and experience. Computer
- K nowledge of Handheld Order processing systems. Certificates,
- Current , valid driver's license .
- Current, valid DOT Medical Card or ability to pass DOT physical
- Must be able to pass a Military background check in some
locations. Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Abi lity to work flexible schedules and be able to accept last
minute changes to work schedule.
- Ability to learn variety of sales routes.
- Ability to maintain service and sales volumes of route
- Must be a self-motivator .
- Ability to operate route delivery step van or box truck (some
vans are over 10,001 lbs.). Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
50 pounds. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Martin's Famous Pastry Shoppe, Inc., Irving , Relief Route Salesperson - Dallas/Ft. Worth, Sales , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!